1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Legends install problem

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by olebentel, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Hi!

I'm new to GT Legends, just bought a "Brand new copy" out of ebay from a vendor. It came packed in plastic, and looks ok.
    But when I'm about to run it for the first time, I have to write the key. But that doesent work. Got 2 new from Viva-media, but neither worked.

I tried the "How to play GTL on win7" workaround, but I could not find the "decompress.bat" in the file I downloaded.

I got this file out of the program trying to run it with the key that came with the DVD:

Someone have a idea to what to do? I have GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race ON, STCC - the game installed also, but in i different folder. Will they do anything to this?

Thanks, Ole

2. If I remember correctly, I had two different keys. One was for the game itself, the other one was for multiplayer. One was on the CD case, the other was on the back cover of the manual.

Which key did you enter where?

3. The one for the game, it is together with the installation instructions, the one for online play is properly marked for that. And yes, I'v tried the online one too.
    I bought one for a friend of mine also, and his installed perfectly.
    We both use windows XP.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

If you are on XP you don't need the Windows7 workaround.

5. Hi, Stuart.
    I know I don't need the W7 workaround, but since i get "Error!" when submitting the code that came with the game, I wanted to find another solution. And, of course, I had a 50% chance in picking the game, and I got the one with fault on. The other one I ordered for a friend, worked fine.

Ole