GT Legends Install Guide (Steam/Digital/DVD) - Creating 2nd install - Setting up GTL

Installation

Before you start
If you already have an install of GTL on you computer, but want to replace it with a new fresh install, there are a few files/folders you want to copy and store somewhere safe before you remove the old install:
  • The ReplayData folder if you want to keep old replays
  • The UserData to keep your user profile and car-setups
  • Config.ini (located in main folder) containing configuration settings (resolution etc)
  • Copy d3d9.dll and XD.ini (located in main folder) to keep XD.
Copy these files/folders and store them somewhere safe.

Installation on Steam (Thanks Tim for the info)
  • Install GTL in steam
  • After GTL installed, right click on the game in your library list, then click on properties. Choose the "updates" tab, and set the drop down menu to "Do not automatically update this game". This stops Steam messing with the game files.
  • For Windows 7: Go to the main GTL folder of the new install, right-click GTL.exe and click properties. Under Compatibility click "Change settings for all users". Select Compatibility mode XP SP3 and check "Run as administrator".
  • Do not run the game yet. See next post for setting up GTL for the first time, or to copy settings from an existing install
Once you gone through these steps it is easy to create a 2nd install of GTL:
  • Go to the new Steam install
  • Copy the entire GT Legends folder
  • Paste the entire GT Legends folder in a new location outside the Steam folders and rename it (to RDHCS etc.)
  • To make a shortcut for the 2nd install, right-click GTL.exe and click "Send to">"Desktop (Create Shortcut)". Then Rename it to RDHCS etc..
  • Do not run the game yet. See next post for setting up GTL for the first time, or to copy settings from an existing install
Installation with Digital/DVD version
  • Launch the installer. If you are using the Digital download, start the installation by right-clicking setup.exe and click "Run as Administrator".
  • Select an install location outside the Windows folders (i.e. do not install in Program Files) and select a path without spaces in any of the folder names (i.e. "C:\mygames\GTLegends" instead of "C:\my games\GT Legends"
  • At the end of the installation process you are asked if you want to run Configuration. uncheck the option as we will do it later.
  • If you use DVD version, install 1.1 Update (link). Right-click the installation file and click "Run as administrator"
  • For Windows 7: Go to the new install, right-click GTL.exe and click properties. Under Compatibility click "Change settings for all users". Select Compatibility mode XP SP3 and check "Run as administrator".
To create a second install:
  • If you have a shortcut on the desktop for the first install, rename it to GTLclub
  • Go through the same steps above with the following changes:
    • Install in a different location ("C:\mygames\GTLRDHCS" etc)
    • Select a different location on the start menu ("SIMBIN\GTLRDHCS etc)

I only have a backup of the default cars and tracks, and plr and car setups
it so quick for a full install im not going to bother to much.
when I download the track or cars i put them on a drive than can be accessed as required...:)
but still find myself checking for updates. i do have them cars and tracks in seperate sections from each site they came from also..
NoGrip, Altbierbude and GTR4U, as these are the 3 sites we mainley use

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years