GT Legends Evolution Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
beats me why anyone would want the mod when you can now get the original game for £7.99 inc delivery

Because i prefer to have an All-in-one game. I already have GT-Legends, so the price is not really a problem. The thing is that i dont have to get the CD in the pc or to reload the game to make a race in GTR or Race07.. i just switch server and hop '65 cars.. and hop WTCC '07... and hop GT cars :yo:

And that's the way to go! (Same situation over here, all in one)
Somehow I missed the part5 so now finally enjoying the-65 cars.
Love those Mini's on "Le Mas du Clos" (or something like that)

Only one big problem: Now I really want a G25 with clutch and H-shifter!

• Mojo66

Heh, now there's a grey area. The work is legal as the links remain, however Mojo isn't the kind of person that I'd like to support...

Why not?

BTW, the full mod is now available as download in a single file (345MB).

Features:
- Custom Skin support
- Motec in-car display
- Wet tyres, Rain/Dirtscreen
- Animated wipers
- Ford GT40 Mk. II in Le Mans-winning livery and featuring the 485hp SOHC "cammer" engine as a bonus

Do you really need to ask? Its not forgotten how you accused somebody of cheating while the only one in that league who was cheating with the .gbd files was actually yourself!!
Secondly you got the brilliant idea to port the nordschleife over to another game while Evo was hardly released. Totall lack of respect to all who build months on that track! The only thing you do on forums is convert content (too hasty) and get high on the credits you get while others worked their butts off to create it...

So shall i continue with more facts?

• Mojo66

Do you really need to ask? Its not forgotten how you accused somebody of cheating while the only one in that league who was cheating with the .gbd files was actually yourself!!
Secondly you got the brilliant idea to port the nordschleife over to another game while Evo was hardly released. Totall lack of respect to all who build months on that track! The only thing you do on forums is convert content and get high on the credits you get while others worked their butts off to create it...

So shall i continue with more facts?

While I admit that the initial Evo Nordschleife release wasn't the smartest thing to do, you got the .gdb cheating totally wrong. As you might remember, I had converted Raceking's Nordschleife to Evo, and was asking for a guest start in the mini league for the race on that particular track. About a week before the race was due, someone posted extremely fast lap times, while admitting he just started to learn the track (a track 22km long and with 173 bends, that is). After being so nice (or stupid, depends on your view) to offer a replay and setup for his wonder-laps, it was obvious that his car had much more grip than normal, about 20%. As a track converter the first thing that came to my mind was the grip setting in the track .gdb, so I increased the value by 20% and the server did not kick me. I did not participate in the race but later explained the whole scenario and all the details in the forum so I didn't cheat on anyone anyway. I just wanted to point out how this particular person might have been able to post such fast times, although I admit it wasn't the most clever way to deface him. After that incident, I did more research on the topic and today I think he used a ram tools which is currently undetectable.

And yes, I do get high on the credits I get and you know why? Because that is the only thing I get from investing so much time into those projects, apart from the fact that I only convert what I really love.

The explanatioin for the Nords Mini cheating has been conveniently reversed by Mojo too.
We all know what happened and who was involved, and who posted the cheating time.
Still the lack of honesty continues from Mojo.

Well then looks like his only safe hunting ground these days for MOJO is No-Grip :) first RSC showed him and his multiple alias's the door and now RaceDepartment, oh well No-Grip will always welcome him with open arms, and respect is misguided work ethics

This mod doesnt do justice to the great game that GTL is/was.. I dont think it is wise to use this mod in leagues or event. Ill be waiting on another mod group that puts more effort into it. Maybe the guys that created the power and the glory mod for GTR2? Who knows...

1-Is there any chances to have some open events or league under this 'Mod' ?

2-Is it just me or the FFB is very very weak on these cars???

1. RD has been hosting regular Racing Club and League events for the original GTL (which is still the best platform for these cars), but lately no-one has been interested in joining them. Why would this mod get greater support?
We also host events for rFactor's Historix mod, which is quite good.

2. I haven't tried this mod yet, but the original GTL has probably the best FFB that I have experienced in any driving sim.

To be fair to this mod, I have installed it and played with it for about an hour.
Mixed feelings about it. The cars look and sound good, basically as per GTL, but the driving model and FFB are well short of the original GTL. The driving doesn't have that brilliant crisp and difficult feedback that GTL has, so it feels a little duller to me (GTL on vallium). There are a few bugs to be ironed out too, eg. if you are a bonnet view driver you are in for a shock with some cars, the bonnets are missing.

If you want to have some fun driving these older cars in EVO, it will fill the bill nicely, but if you are an avid lover of GTL, especially the brilliant driving model, then you will be sorely disappointed. I'll take the original GTL anytime compared to this mod.

Ah, now I understand. I always thought it had something to do with Atti's 'Austin-Powers' Mojo :)D)

I understand he made some mistakes and doesn't follow site rules as strict as possible, but still he puts effort in 'improving/extending' a game (although I also prefer the Power & Glory method with the original disk).
I think there will be some people who get interested in GTL because of the mod he converted, so perhaps there will be more interests in future GTL events. And like Pascal posted, perhaps a small one-time event (not a league) with this mod will convert people to purchase the original GTL.

Just my 2 cents

With all your respect, i am not going to stand if somebody is calling me cheater. I think i do not have to prove here anything about it, and i will not accept such statements from anybody.

I cant have respect for such person, sorry.

First of all, sorry for the misplaced joke. I know Atti's divine driving style is out of discussion and I don't want to join the cheating (and all other Mojo related) discussion(s) as I know nothing about it (except from reading posts here at RD).

All I wanted to do was support Pascal's idea to organise an event with this mod as to me it seems like the perfect way to get other members motivated for GTL. (realizing Warren's notes)

Once again apologies if have offended anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back