GT Legends Evolution Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
This may be good news for all of our GTL Fans, and maybe for any EVO owners who want to try the old Classic racers.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=329536

This appears to be basically the GTL cars ported across to EVO, but based on Simbin guidelines and RSC policy, fits the rules of an allowed EVO mod.
It seems to be still being updated and fine tuned, but it may be interesting to watch the progress.

Has anyone here tried it yet, and can provide some feedback, especially regarding the on-line performance?

I'm watching with interest, GTL may again have another extension to it's life. Lets hope so, the original GTL is a much loved "classic".

ive got that mod, great cars!
hardt for me to drive.
ive not bin online whith this mod so i dont know how that is.
if you like classic cars then this is IMO a must have.(not if you got gtl offcourse)
if i shoud rate it, its 8/10

Even before he was re-banned at RSC he got a bit uppity over one of the HistoriX teams comments, as true as it was...

Tested part 1. No offence, but I think conversion's quality is quite poor. Seems that conversion's speed was more important than conversion's quality. There aren't improvements also, or new features used.

Looking forward to see GTL properly adapted to GTRE.

Regards

Apparently not too stable online yet though

The online version is a little bit instable, server is craching several times, Mojo you need to improve the online stability in order to prevent those things. Thanks for your hard work!!!

downloaded it and played a bit offline yesterday night: I was always too lazy to go out and buy GTL even when it was only €10. Works very well offline, only problem on my system: the highlighting on the skins looks a little greenish rather than white.

What's nice: These are the cars I was playing with as Matchbox models when I was maybe 6-8 years, vroom vroom. It certainly brings back some memories :)

Also tried the version on NoGrip. I really like it.

As I can read clearly on the new rules of the RD download section conversions from older to newer is Ok so we even could upload it here at RD:

We allow:
  • Conversions of older Simbin content to GTR Evolution (for example: GTR2/GTL tracks converted to GTR Evolution)
They are talking about tracks, one could assume cars are also 'content'.
Haven't read anything here at RD stating it is obliged to have the old game before being able to use the conversion (opposite to the Power & Glory-Mod for GTR2)

• Mikkow

What's nice: These are the cars I was playing with as Matchbox models when I was maybe 6-8 years, vroom vroom. It certainly brings back some memories :)
The old cars are fabulously fun to drive. Flaws/imperfections give character, variety and a greater challenge.

Matchbox cars - how old are those things? My parents always gave me a matchbox car when we'd go to the big supermarket, which would 'shut me up'. And when I think about it, they were completely contemporary. I was born in 1980 so I grew up with Group B rally cars, GT cars, those old front engined porsches, 80's Ferarri's and Lambos and all kinds of cars like that. I've found myself recognizing cars recently that I knew only from matchbox car fun when I was a kid.

GTL Mod Part 5 - TC-65 Cars

This is the TC-65 series from GTL, converted by Mojo66.

Cars included:
- Abarth 1000TC
- Alfa Romeo GTA
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Mustang
- Jaguar Mk II
- Lotus Cortina
- Mini Cooper S

Required files:
- Part1 - Shared files http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=13334

Installation: Extract to main Race07 folder

Special thanks to GTI-Heizer, petrs73 and tomdoyle1948.

Features:
- Custom Skin support through .ini files. See \Race 07\CustomSkins\GTL\HowTo.txt for details.
- Motec in-car display
- Wet tires, Rain/Dirtscreen
- Animated wipers for all left-hand drive cars (Abarth, Alfa, Falcon, Mustang, Cortina #901 & #911)
- all files un-encrypted for full perfance

Known issues:
- Wiper animations were taken from modern Evo GT cars and do not 100% fit 60's cars

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=14075

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline