1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Legends Evolution Mod

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Warren Dawes, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

This may be good news for all of our GTL Fans, and maybe for any EVO owners who want to try the old Classic racers.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=329536

This appears to be basically the GTL cars ported across to EVO, but based on Simbin guidelines and RSC policy, fits the rules of an allowed EVO mod.
    It seems to be still being updated and fine tuned, but it may be interesting to watch the progress.

Has anyone here tried it yet, and can provide some feedback, especially regarding the on-line performance?

I'm watching with interest, GTL may again have another extension to it's life. Lets hope so, the original GTL is a much loved "classic".

2. ive got that mod, great cars!
    hardt for me to drive.
    ive not bin online whith this mod so i dont know how that is.
    if you like classic cars then this is IMO a must have.(not if you got gtl offcourse)
    if i shoud rate it, its 8/10

3. Kolbenfresser has been banned already... Mojo over at NoGrip has a version out too. For all I know Mojo and Kolbenfresserare the same person...???

4. yep kolbenfresser == Mojo

5. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

So is this mod ok, or is it illegal?

6. Heh, now there's a grey area. The work is legal as the links remain, however Mojo isn't the kind of person that I'd like to support...

7. i think since its posted on the offical evo forum its ok but dont shoot me if i am wrong

if its legal, when we have the first event with it ?? Mosport is i nice track for this cars :))

8. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Mojo made the mod. I have it downloaded but havent tried it yet. Is it Ok?

9. Even before he was re-banned at RSC he got a bit uppity over one of the HistoriX teams comments, as true as it was...

Apparently not too stable online yet though

10. downloaded it and played a bit offline yesterday night: I was always too lazy to go out and buy GTL even when it was only €10. Works very well offline, only problem on my system: the highlighting on the skins looks a little greenish rather than white.

What's nice: These are the cars I was playing with as Matchbox models when I was maybe 6-8 years, vroom vroom. It certainly brings back some memories :)

11. Also tried the version on NoGrip. I really like it.

As I can read clearly on the new rules of the RD download section conversions from older to newer is Ok so we even could upload it here at RD:

We allow:
    • Conversions of older Simbin content to GTR Evolution (for example: GTR2/GTL tracks converted to GTR Evolution)
    They are talking about tracks, one could assume cars are also 'content'.
    Haven't read anything here at RD stating it is obliged to have the old game before being able to use the conversion (opposite to the Power & Glory-Mod for GTR2)

12. The old cars are fabulously fun to drive. Flaws/imperfections give character, variety and a greater challenge.

Matchbox cars - how old are those things? My parents always gave me a matchbox car when we'd go to the big supermarket, which would 'shut me up'. And when I think about it, they were completely contemporary. I was born in 1980 so I grew up with Group B rally cars, GT cars, those old front engined porsches, 80's Ferarri's and Lambos and all kinds of cars like that. I've found myself recognizing cars recently that I knew only from matchbox car fun when I was a kid.

13. Is it possible to still buuy GTL, and taking in to account I am in SA.?:madgrin:

14. i try it

15. GTL Mod Part 5 - TC-65 Cars

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=14075

16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Woohoo, I get my old classic Mini Cooper S in EVO. :peace:

17. Is there any chances to have some open events or league under this Mod ?
    Might be great :peace:

18. I had a Cooper 7 Rally spec'd in pink years ago... :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.