GT Legends 2 Development Suspended - Alternative Solutions being Sought

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Tiny Feet Studios - GT Legends 2.jpg

It has been confirmed that ongoing development of 'GT Legends 2' is now at a standstill with "alternatives" being investigated to continue progress on the new game.

The announcement of a fresh GT Legends title in the works from new development team Tiny Feet Studios made headlines throughout the sim racing industry when we broke the story back in February last year, however things went rather quiet on the subject in the following months, leaving many fans to wonder exactly where the eagerly anticipated new game was heading as we roll into the first quarter of 2017.

Unfortunately I can now confirm that any further progress with the simulation has been suspended by Tiny Feet Studios as Studio Head, and former Simbiin employee, Simon Lundell is suffering from a long-term illness.

"Due to long-term illness with an unfortunate timing the development is currently at a standstill. We are investigating alternatives to get the work going as we know just how much you and we are eagerly craving for the legend to return"
said Lundell in a statement to RaceDepartment.
Of course in times like these the development of a new racing game comes a very distant second to one's ongoing health, and I am sure you will all join me in wishing Simon the best of luck for a swift and full recovery from his current illness. RaceDepartment sends it's best wishes to Simon and all at Tiny Feet Studios as alternatives are investigated to bring the game to our digital shelves.

The above statement from Simon does hold out hope that an alternative solution is being sought to ensure this game makes it into a public release, and I am sure both Simon and Tiny Feet Studios will add further comments on the subject as and when the time is right to reveal more.

We can often be a difficult and strong minded bunch of enthusiasts in the sim racing community, with very strong opinions of our favourite (and least favourite) simulations. I know Simon will be reading this article and comments, so why don't we all come together in the comments section as one and offer our best wishes to him during his recovery?

For more news and discussions regarding both the original GT Legends by Simbin Studios, and the proposed sequel GT Legends 2, head on over to the sub forum and join the discussion. We will of course aim to keep you updated with all the latest news regarding GTL2, so stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news.

Do you still think a GT Legends game has a place in today's sim racing marketplace? Would you like to see a return of the fabled franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I never got to try Legends as I wasn't a PC user back then but feel I'd like to try it now.

Oh man you missed out big time! It's still a stonking good play and if you get yourself the ultimate of all the mods ever created - Power & Glory 2 by @David Wright then you will be in sim racing heaven my friend.

Seriously, GTL and P&G might be on "old" tech, but the sims are still utterly epic to play. Added bonus is with today's machinery you can crank up all the settings to max and still get yourself excellent frames :)

Oh man you missed out big time! It's still a stonking good play and if you get yourself the ultimate of all the mods ever created - Power & Glory 2 by @David Wright then you will be in sim racing heaven my friend.

Seriously, GTL and P&G might be on "old" tech, but the sims are still utterly epic to play. Added bonus is with today's machinery you can crank up all the settings to max and still get yourself excellent frames :)
Well with that kind of recommendation I'm up for checking it out as soon as I get home.
Only a month to go out here and I'm back to KL and my Sim Rig. Counting the hours...

Well worth the wait buddy. Well worth it :)

I think you can pick GTL up for literally a couple of quid on Steam, and obviously P&G2 is a free mod (if you don't know about it yet I suggest doing some google research, its a fun read). Basically P&G reworks the entire game and updates the cars from being classic FIA Historic Championship cars to being the actual period machines. It's unreal how good that game is :)

It also made it to the third version a long time ago, so it's not quite Power & Glory 2 either ;)

As much as we'd all love a new GTL, it can wait until the things that really matter are all good. Best wishes for a solid recovery, Simon.

Probably deciding on whether to join Simbin and develop GTR3 together and sell the GTL as a DLC.
And you said the other day how I don't know you... :cautious:
What's to know there then. You are the only one here who didn't say a word about Simon's illness and on this way or another wish him to get well soon.
Ok you and that... @aka2k dude. Never heard of him. It shows all the range of you two characters. Game developing and it's future (already making detailed plans who could continue with it) is more important than someone's life and death matter ?? You two can congratulate yourself.

I still have GTL on my hard drive. It's such a beautiful game, way ahead of its time. Maybe I'll uninstall GTR2 sometime soon but this one will stays.
At least until new one comes out. If ever, never mind.

I hope you get through this as fast as possible Simon. ?ck the ?cking game.

Last edited:
When/if I ever get my premium status back I am so going to join you guys in some Classic racing. :thumbsup: And Dennis seems to run a good club.

Last edited:
And you said the other day how I don't know you... :cautious:
What's to know there then. You are the only one here who didn't say a word about Simon's illness and on this way or another wish him to get well soon.
Ok you and that... @aka2k dude. Never heard of him. It shows all the range of you two characters. Game developing and it's future (already making detailed plans who could continue with it) is more important than someone's life and death matter ?? You two can congratulate yourself.

I still have GTL on my hard drive. It's such a beautiful game, way ahead of its time. Maybe I'll uninstall GTR2 sometime soon but this one will stays.
At least until new one comes out. If ever, never mind.

I hope you get through this as fast as possible Simon. ?ck the ?cking game.
get a grip, raging in forums is the best you can do unfortunately.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%