GT DLC and Career progression

Hi folks,

I've just started playing the game and I have downloaded the GT DLC. I like to play a long carrer progression style game and start from the bottom with my own team and work my way up but I need to know some important info that will shape how I play the game from the very start. If I create my own team and start in the GT series ( bottom tier) I assume I can take my team to the top tear of the GT series but am I capped at that level or can I take my created team into GP3, GP2 and F1 as well?

Alternativly could ( if I am successful), say start at GP3, if I win that take my team to the bottom GT series, then to the top tier GT series and If I win that take my team I have created to GP2 and then upwards to F1?

Or does the GT DLC run as a very separate entertain with a team not being able to cross over between the two?

As you can see knowing this at the very start of the game, at the time of team creation is very important. I understand I could move between teams in GT and GP3-F1, but knowing if you can move your own created team between the various series's is also important. Am I also correct in assuming you can only create your own team at the very start of the game? For example if I learnt my trade with a few established teams and then in the future decided to do a 'Ross Brawn' and create my own team half way through my carrer is this possible?

Would really appreciate any help on the above as not knowing the game limits with regards to the above is stalling me actually starting the game,

Yeah thinking that is what I will do, start my career in the GT series with my own team, then once conqered that I will just start a new game for the single seater series, things that are a shame is the years and the teams/driver changes. Say it takes me 8 years to do the GT series stuff when I 'continue' my career in the single seat series it will rewind the clock 8 years.

If you don't want to lose those 8 years, then you need to sign for another team in the Single seater series. Right now there is no other way. Maybe the devs will change those in the future. But for now this are the rules.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.5%