1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Club @ Nordschleife, Tuesday 19th February 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
    Car: GT Club
    Track: Nordschleife
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification Superpole
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Hamed Hajmolaali
    3. Dave Fussell
    4. Jari Aikio
    5. Guus Verver
    6. Andy Jackson
    7. Nathan Johns
    8. Jonatan Åcerclinth
    9. Andreas Löffler
    10. Carl Johnson
    11. Bram Hengeveld
    12. Marek Zdanowicz
    13. Carl Johnson
    14. Ariciuc Razvan
    15. Israel Gonzalez
    16. Grzegorz Koguciuk
    17. Loz Reid
    18. Ian Gethin
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!
    Qualifying will be SUPERPOLE!
    In a Superpole session you will be allowed only one chance to qualify, when you punch Drive and enter the track there will be no other attempt made. You will be on the track all by yourself, all others will be unseen and no contact can be made. Leave the pit and make a careful examination lap without damaging your car or crashing. Your second lap will be a hot lap that counts for your qualifying time, if you don't finish it, you're out of luck. Even if you do crash, keep going for a timed lap. Do not wait too long to start, if you don't finish in time your laptime will be -:--.---!

Print this out and use it to help you learn the track:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Love Nordschleife.i'm in:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

How can anyone not love it?

5. go on the Dennis my man why not - it's the only way i'm going to improve

• Like Like x 1
  6. ok im in

7. sign me up :D

8. i can never resist a nordschleife race :roflmao:
    sign me in please :D

9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Me too please Dennis.

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I needed this for the Club racers, posting it here too.
    Here's something to read if pitstops are giving you problems:

Pitstop Guide, modified from Nico Major's

Preparation
    Make sure you have keyboard buttons assigned to necessary actions. Request pitstop (default '9'), pit menu (default '8'), pit menu up/down, increase/decrease value, toggle/confirm. Also assign a key to "Ignition" and"Starter" if you like.

Create pit menu presets. Especially for adding fuel, changing fuel amount in pit menu is dead slow. It's a good idea to have presets for the planned stops and also for some thinkable emergency strategies.

Check that "Autopit" is turned off. I always have "Autopit" disabled because I do not trust it. There are some custom tracks where it does not work at all and there may be other issues like not stopping, not doing any work or not continuing driving, although it works in general. Again - I have "Autopit" set to "Off".

Procedure during race
    Request the pitstop as soon as you have passed the pit, this gives your crew has time to prepare. If you like to adjust something call up the pit menu and do your changes. Make sure you position the selector over the last item in the pit menu when you are done (this will become the "Confirm" button) Rather than doing this on track there is usually time while on the limiter on pit road, not a good idea if you're in the first pit box.

Be careful to enter the pit lane at the max. allowed speed (usually 60 km/h) or you will get a SnG. Pit limiter will kick in automatically. Using the pit limiter button may create problems and a SnG, best to let the auto one do it's job, just make sure your speed is below the limit when you enter the pit. Turning the limiter on at the last second may not bring you down to speed, use your brakes. You can only get a SnG entering the pit!

Know that in RaceDepartment Race07 races, we have Auto Gears turned on, this means you don't have to use the clutch. Also, while in the pit there will be no contact between cars, no collisions.

1)As soon as you cross the pit entry the menu will pop up if you haven't already brought it up. Confirm your settings in the pit menu. Do not forget this or your crew won't start working!

2)Drive to your pit and stop within 1.5 meters of where the arrow is pointing down (needs some practice), The Arrow will turn from Red to Green.. Leave in 1st gear.

3)During refueling your engine is switched off. As soon as you are lifted up to get your tires changed hit the button you assigned for "Ignition". This will start your engine. Do not hit the button twice, you will be turning the ignition off. The motor can be started once refueling has been completed. The important thing is to have the motor running when the car comes off the jacks. If you don't start it yourself while still on the jacks, you have to wait longer in the pit.

4)Bring rpm's up and wait until you are released, a two tire change takes about 7-8 seconds, a four tire 13-17.

Be careful on exit, try to stay within the pit lane exit (white line) until it ends. A Blue flashing light at pit exit means cars on the straight behind you. (Also other cars on the start-finish straight should be careful during pit stop phases. Name tags could serve as a kind of early-warning system.)

Set up everything and do some tests and practice during a practice or warm up session.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  11. i have pit menu button on wheel and when i have asked to pit i allways make selections on some straight when pit lap is going because sometimes ur pit box is so close when u enter pit that u havent time to select stuff.

12. Can you sign me up please!

13. omg im such a noob will need to practise pit stops now

14. Same as Dave.....This is going to be my first Club Race :)

That leads me to a couple of questions. (Ive read the rules section by the way)
    1. I dont have teamspeak will this be ok?
    2. My username is not the same in Race07, will this also be ok?
    3. Do i need to do anything to the program ie change server settings I take it this race will be using standard track/cars.

Sorry for the novice questions.

Looking forward to next Tuesday, I better practice the pits. (I take it a stop is compulsory in the race?)

Regards Nathan (evo97)

15. I can not answer all your questions but on the question of your in-game name:

You will have to create a new in-game user using your real name, preferably with Capital letters as on the forum :)

3. As far as I'm aware you shouldn't need to change anything except owning the Evo expansion for the Race07 series as the Game section in the opening post suggests :)

I hope this has helped you a little bit.

As far as I'm aware Team Speak isn't mandatory but it is helpful to have the software even if you don't have a mic as you can listen to what others are saying (in essence, warnings of incidents or I'm closing in to lap someone kind of things) and you can chat with the drivers that are on teamspeak afterwards and have a nice time :)

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nathan Johns, TeamSpeak has helped many newer drivers to overcome problems on track and experienced drivers that have also hit a problem for the first time. It's not mandatory for this event or most all Club events but we do have a lot of fun and pass around a lot of information at times. As Jonatan has said, you must make a driver profile to use in the Club races. I stopped driving with my other name once I found the difference in the driving experience and it usually identifies me as a Club driver, of which I'm proud! All Caps are not necessary though, just as you have it in the forum. If you use driving aids, traction control, etc, they will be disabled. Auto gears[and clutch] are the only aids allowed. Any personal settings for FOV, etc will be allowed. It is highly recommenced that you enable "virtual mirrors" instead of the real ones as they give a better understanding of the institutional awareness and is easier to look at than the real ones. Having the track map on is a good idea as well as driver name tags.

Remember the Golden Rule, stop to wait if you cause another driver to leave the track and do no post any text chat messages during Qualifying or the Races.

Welcome and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sign me up please Dennis

18. I used TeamSpeak a couple of times, but (without wishing to mention names) at one particular race there was a lot of "general chat" during the race, and I found this rather distracting.
    Knowing that it's not easy to change the TeamSpeak settings once racing I have not used it since.
    I would like to be able to be in touch with others during the race though.
    Can you let me know - if I try it again, how much chat should I expect during the races?

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I run my game sounds through my regular speakers[monitor] and TS through my headset. I can mute the mic or I can shut the whole thing down with a quick push of a button. This allows me to get off the air if chat ever bothers me. In the past I've found that if I'm not participating in the conversations that a low volume level let me hear the good info and my brain skipped past the chatter.

In the latest races, chatter[I don't want it to be confused with chat] has been about setup, position, tires and "positional interference problems"[running into things] and for me has added to the races. Sometimes I think, if you can't listen to the chatter, you're racing too hard to be having fun.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks for the advice...