1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Estoril - Tuesday 18 September 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
    Car: GT-Club
    Track: Estoril
    Weather: Dry
    Games: GTR-Evolution

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (18 Laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Make sure to have read the general notes for the Race07 Racing Club!

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Rui F. Martins
    2. Guus Verver
    3. Kimmo Kokkonen
    4. Dennis Phelan
    5. Fergus Carroll
    6. Phil Loughlin
    7. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    8. Marian Zelenka
    9. Si Jebson
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    utp#

2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me up please, i love this track ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sign me up please

4. I'm in, thanks.

5. I'm up for this, thanks

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm in!

7. Sign me up please :)

8. Sign me up please

9. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Sign me up please.

I don't like how the last section is modeled. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. So this time I did not have any time for practising so hopelly I don't destroy anybodys race tonight, last week I did only few laps that's all 1.55 :)

11. sign me up, please ;)

12. Sign me up, please

13. I have to sign out :(
    have fun

14. Sorry I have to sign out too, have to work late tonight :(

15. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i liked this event, this cars are always great fun :thumbsup:

Q: I did a good qualy, i was able to reach my goal of matching my best practice times, so it was a sucess for me :)

R1: Did a good start, but there was a me pile up in front of me i couldn't see it until the car in front of me crashed, i imediatly smashed the brakes but i wasn't able to avoid hitting them, sorry :(, qt the begining of them race i had a battle with Phil Loughlin, i was able to pass him and stay on front of him for a while, at roughly the midle of the race Phil caugth up with me and pass me, he stayed in front of me for a while, but some time after Phil did a mistake i was able to pass me, when i was on lap 16 the first two cars passed me, on turn 4 i went off track a bit, i tried to go wide and i went too wide :D, i finished the race on that lap on 7th.
    Had a great fun on the event, unfortunately i wasn't able to participate in the 2nd race :cry:
    Congratulations to the top3 in both races and those who finished.
    Thank you for the race :thumbsup:

16. Pulled a nice lap out of the hat in qualy and got pole :D
    In the first race I kind of forgot to start so sorry to all the people caught in that. After that I managed to get back to 2nd place quickly but I just couldnt catch Marian.

2nd race I had a great start and got through the first corner in 1st place. Marian got held up so I just cruised to first place.

it sucks that there were only 4 finishers in the 2nd race :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. My computer died just at the start of qualy so I started from the back of the grid. Just as I got in car for the race, my trackir froze so i had to race in a different view. Had a great race with Rui but was distracted by the Real v City game. Whenever City scored I managed to overtake but then made mistakes when Real scored. Overall I enjoyed race 1 but wasnt in the mood for race 2

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had a really pleasing time at my second RD club event! Was surprised to find myself only 2 seconds of the top driver's quali time (which for me is amazing!) and even more surprised to find myself in second place at the start of the first race, it was short lived and I had to settle for 3rd in the end after some pretty tough racing against Dennis Phelan.

The second race was even more exciting despite only 4 cars finishing, I had a fantastic battle for second place with Marian Zelenka, but I was only delaying the inevitable and he proved himself as a much more competent driver taking the place I fought to keep for 11 laps and then disappearing over the horizon in pursuit of the dominant 1st place driver.

I should apologise to my friend Phill Loughlin who after holding 2nd for the first few corners in the second race had a spin after we came together in a corner, it was my intention to pass cleanly but as I'm inexperienced I may have misjudged the manoeuvre. All in all I didn't think I did too bad for a Rookie :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Im glad you all had fun, I was gutted to find that i wasnt able to attend, family life getting in the way, but i'll spare the details.

Just a little reminder of the rules Fergus, if you take someone out, make sure you wait for them to get back into position, even if it means you end up at the back of the field.

As i dont know the particulars of what happened, and as you are still a bit green, i wont think anything of it, unless a complaint is put forward.
    Just remember, that giving back a place you took by an accident or coming together with another driver is one of the fundamental rules here at RD, of which I'm sure you'll have seen in the club rules!

On a lighter note, what was the pole time from quali?

Good night guys, i hope you all had fun!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

This track is tough on cars and demanding on technique. I was amazed that my offline practice times held up in P2. I figured my pace was OK[for me] and was ready for the races. I ran Q with race fuel, normal for me and was again pleased when a full second came off my time..

R1: I got great advantage when Guus faltered on the start and did have a great time waiting for the fast guys to get back ontrack and mow me down. My car was doing so well I took another second off by paying attention to details with as much grunt and discepline as I could muster. In the end Fergus and Guus bolted past but it was a fun drive and I learned a bit about the track!

R2: The smaller grid and attrition reduced this to a boring race. I was all out of sorts for the first few laps, got it together for a few and then just motored to the finish. My tires never got overheated in this one.I might have done better if I hadn't run into Phil on L1, I sent myself for a ride and lost time on that.

Thanks for coming out guys!

• Like Like x 1