1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Daytona, Monday, 20 January 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Server name:
    Car: GT Club
    Track: Daytona [Download]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 25 minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Stefan Beemsterboer
    4. Björn Golda
    5. David Kingshott
    6. Brian Wallace
    7. Leonardo Tuma
    8. Janko Balej
    9. Janko Balej
    10. Matthias Klein
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    26. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Grand Tourers at Daytona... now all we need are two types of prototype, another GT class and a 24 duration and we have the Daytona 24! :thumbsup:

I will be there.
  3. Yep! hopefully without disconnection this time.....:O_o:
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Signups, you can always cancel if you can't make it. No signups help to keep people from joining.
    Don't say "maybe", sign up and cancel if need be!
  5. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Not sure if I'll be able to make it - list me as a "maybe", please :)
  6. I am up for some GT racing. Look forward to racing with you tomorrow
  7. BrianW

Premium Member

Sign me up
  8. Leonardo Tuma

Leonardo Tuma
    Premium Member

sign me up please
  9. im in
  10. sign me up
  11. In please Dennis
  12. Sorry can't make it...something came up
  13. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

I'm innn ;) ,please .
  14. Me ME
  15. Thanks for nothing chaps....
    That was an epic fail

Race goes green, idiot in front on me doesn't start, so immediately I brake and hit the back of him, car goes sideways and must be damaged as it wont go in a straight line, so instinctively I hit ESC to return to the pits to re-start from there and of course I now can't return to the race..... !!!
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

You hit the car in front of you and then hit the wall,maybee learn to drive !:poop:
  17. We really needed a bigger grid to have some fun. :unsure:

Had a great fight with Dario in the first race though! :thumbsup:
  18. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Heya - please don't insult anyone.

I just checked out the replay and while Gundars didn't start very well, that happens - you should either be prepared for that or be able to brake in time.
    Afterwards, you crashed into the wall without exterior influence, I guess it was just due to the tracks tilted surface, we all slightly slipped.

As far as the stuck-in-pit goes, yep, that's how the game interprets ESC :)

My races went quite good - I qualified 3rd and managed to pass Nelson at the start - while I could keep the distance to Matthias at P1 humane, there was no chance of catching him, so I concentrated on keeping my ride error-free as Nelson was busy with Dario and didn't seem to be catching up.
    That changed in Race2, however ;) Starting 7th, I quickly went back to 2nd due to some bad starts and found myself behind Matthias again - this time closely followed by Nelson, though. He managed to pass me quite soon but missed a T1 soon afterwards so I could regain position and actually close in on Matthias as he made a mistake somewhere, as well - he managed to quickly gain some distance again, though, so that was another P2 in the end. Quite happy with these results :)
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Starts on this banking are very tricky. @John Clavey a launch using very little throttle helps here. I also found I had to "straighten" out my view by hitting "view rear" fairly often after being on a banking. That was a real bear on L1.

My car was good! I wan't as fast as practice the other day, oh well but had better speed in R2.

R1, good launch and lots of fun till half way when I tapped the front wall , spinning several times but still running I put another lap in but had to pit as my engine was droning to a stop. Made the pit and all the damage got fixed but the motor still wouldn't run.

R2, closed on Nelson at the end taking a full second off my fastest lap in the class ever, still don't know how I did it!

Maybe a rolling start for the rest of the races?
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Hey John,
    we are all friends here and we don 't call names to the other racers, EVER. Perhaps you sholud learn to drive properly. This is not the 100bit server for the "frustrated/unmature" drivers (no dis-respect to Martin Leyfield and other decent racers on 100bit servers). Relax, respect and tolerance is the key here + the rules you agreed to when you applied for RD license.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1