1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Chayka, Tuesday 7th May 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, May 1, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: GT Club
    Track: Chayka
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo, Power Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Vaughn Stegeman
    3. Ian Gethin
    4. James Fellows
    5. Gundars Brigis
    6. Bart Snijders
    7. Leon Charmant
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
  2. Yes please. Sign me up. =]
  3. Sign me up please Dennis
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I thank you guys for signing up, but have you driven the track? OMG, has anyone built a track more directed at creating places where cars can be destroying so quickly for such small driving mistakes? Surely this must be one of Stalin's legacies for eliminating even more Ukrainians than he ever did during his lifetime?

OK, it's not the track to push the point, to stray wide or to push the pass. I keep seeing the end of the armco barrier coming right at me, no it's not my time! The last corner before the finish straight, a solid barrier, really, who would go ahead and build a track like that?

If I can keep my eyes off of those things I find it a fun track to drive on but I warn each of you, death is but a millisecond away! 45 minute, really??:devilish:
  5. I did a few laps on this earlier in the week using a setup I had for Brands Hatch, although it's probably more suited for an Andersdorp setup due to the loop corners. Times were really slow around *:** ish and I agree with Dennis, the last corner is a change of underwear moment....Now where is the number for the dry cleaners!

Staff edit: laptime removed.
  6. I have, in fact, not yet driven this track. .. Sounds interesting. :)
  7. sorry if its out of context but where can i find this track?i seem to be missing this one/
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Fady Kaa, It's in the GT Power Pack addon!
  9. Really :/ I was trying to join and it said I cant missing track although im sure I have gt pack coz I bought simbin bundle with every thing.thanks alot though ill try stuff again.
  10. Gave this track a quick bash and it's quite entertaining tbh. Would have preferred GT Sports but might give this a try if I am free.
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Fady Kaa, GT power brought us both Chayka and Mid Ohio with the three GT cars.
  12. thanks dennis..you the man :)
    i checked i do have the track maybe i was missing a different plug in
  13. Sign me up please.
  14. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

sing me up please :)
  15. I will try and make this, but I'm currently reinstalling complete race 07 pack because I kept on getting error "lost connection to host" in every multiplayer session.
    So if the reinstall helped I'll be there ;)
  16. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Sign me up, will be on TS later tonight :)
  17. Sign me up please.
  18. Had a decent race overall, made a few small, but survivable errors!
    Led the race into the penultimate lap (due to others falling by the wayside),
    James passed me in the last lap :(
    Finished 2nd...

Good race though, cheers all.
  19. I managed to get 3rd - my 1st ever podium at RD due to the retirements. Didn't think I would finish after getting tapped off at T2 but thankfully had no damage.

Uneventful race for me until 8 minutes to go when the tyres were shot, setting up pit request down the start/finish straight and I missed my braking point and slid into the wall - punctured left front, damaged suspension and rear wing but limped the whole lap and could pit and finish the race.

Congrats all finishers.
  20. Well that was an interesting race. Not wanting to go for the BMW as per usual I tried out the Aston out before the race but didn't like how it would spin each time I touched a kerb so went for the Vertigo. Good choice really as I think it was pretty much perfect off the bat and despite being a little slow, was probably better for this track.

Qualified in first but forgot to stick first gear on AGAIN at the start so went into third. Looked like we could be in for quite a battle up front until Leon brushed something which made him go up into the air right in front of me. After THAT lucky escape went to try and catch Bart. Did it eventually but no sooner had I passed I touched the side of the armco at a bad angle and lost my splitter and suspension requiring a long pitstop.

Now 56 seconds down but on fresh tires I carried on to see what I could do. Was generally gaining ~1 second per lap but I was hoping Bart would need a pitstop for fuel perhaps giving me a chance. Instead I think he had a problem at the corner of doom so it left me trying to catch Ian. Thanks to fresher tires managed to pass and this time didn't stuff into the wall for a win.

Thanks for the race. So Macau next week? :confused:
    • Like Like x 1