1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Brno, Thursday, 19 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
    Car: GT Club
    Track: Brno
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. -Enzo Fazzi
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Reggie Blain Snr
    5. -Reggie Blain
    6. -John Grant
    7. -Björn Golda
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Sign me up, please! :)

3. GTs AND Brno? :O_o::confused:

Yes please, and also put me down for Friday. I will try and make Tuesday, but I am not guaranteeing anything.

4. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

Yahoo, sign me up, here pls mmm WTCC still giving me problems

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

@John Grant - problems as in "still can't join the server"? Really weird stuff.. if you trust me with remote-controlling your computer, we could've a look a that via TeamViewer post-race tomorrow/Friday.

That being said, I hope to make this event, plenty of overtime at work ATM, though.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201508):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

6. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

Björn Thank you very much it would be appreciated i do have TeamViewer

7. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

I have to sign out. Sorry!

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm so looking forward to Poznan ;)

No practice & no setup up until today, I tried to get on early but a phone call got in between, so when I finally joined in, I quickly loaded up an old Falkenberg setup and it worked out fairly alright - Nelson and Reggie were clearly faster, but that was to be expected ;)

After qualifying in P3, I had a nice start, but still lost a position through T1 - quickly regained it, though, and while Nelson and Reggie slowly pulled away, I kinda lost concentration with each lap. Two or three small offs later, I was in the middle of nowhere, driving home in P3.

Another alright-y start into race #2 got me hanging onto Reggie Snr and Dennis, and after nice, short battles with both of them, I was back in third, with Nelson and Reggie miles ahead already. Since repeating R1 like this would've been boring, I then decided to spin my Z4 in order two have two more nice battles!
    Back in P3(?) I then went off again, because... well.. anyways, got by Reggie Snr through the last turn, once more, but Dennis had already claimed the last spot on the podium.

Thanks for racing, see you (maybe) tomorrow!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

For sure,Poznan will be more fun than this week. Maybe the Mini's can take the bite out of this track?

Having made a skin for the Cupra I did stick with it. I guess it was a good choice, I'm as fast in it as in a BMW but it did give me a lot of grief in setup today.

I opted out of quali to make sure the dogs would be OK during the racing. Small grid and no real loss.

R1: In all the sessions today I had been working the car setup and thought I should leave it at the last iteration for this race. Bad choice, it was like trying to fence with a jousting pole. A spin lost me lots of time. In the end I could drive the car but it was a demon task.

R2: Back to yesterdays setup and the front row. Always short lived, but given a repreive when Reggie tapped Nelson and had to wait. Bjorn a real problem but good for me, his car kept coming unglued all through the 10 laps. I should have used this setup in both races!