1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Algarve, Tuesday 16th April 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: GT Club
    Track: Algarve
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo, WTCC '10

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    3. Vaughn Stegeman
    4. Guus Verver
    5. Jari Aikio
    6. Pete Bone
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -

Server is up!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yes please Dennis
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

yes please
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Definitely wanna join this one. Please sign me up. GT Club is one of my favorited classes. Decent performance but not so much that it's too hard to drive.
    I'm curious. In Race 07 I'm guessing that GT Club equates to GT3, GT Sport to GT2, and GT Pro to GT1 .. is this about right?
  5. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Sounds about right to me
  6. sign me up please
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Could I join tomorrow without signing up? I don't know if i will be able to drive because i might not have enough time for practice.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

These are races for fun, who cares if you haven't practiced!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Come on and join, I'll teach you how to spin off dramatically while Dennis can show you how best to get gravel off of your tyres!

Seriously though, there's nothing serious about these races, if there was I'd have been banned from club races, team speak and possibly, Earth, as I have problems taking any of it too serious!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. :cry:
    I have to work....
    Sorry please take my name off the entry list.
    See you all Thurs...
  11. When I started joining these races I was getting lapped twice by the leaders - didn't bother anyone too much, I just found somewhere out of the way to park and let them by...
    After a few more races I was only getting lapped once...
    Now I can almost keep up with them at certain tracks.
    Just jump in and have a go - like the guys say, we don't take it too seriously.
    I can't make this one but hope to see you out on track soon
    • Like Like x 1
  12. im in
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Im up for this, im a screen down, iv lost my left one. One of the DVI outputs on my card is dead, hoping a DisplayPort-HDMI adaptor is going to fix that or its send the card back.
  14. I thought I could drive the uncrashable Vertigo like a hooligan, but on this track it was possible to actually lose control :( I spun in the 1st lap. After a few laps I caught up to Jari, who was defending very well. It was basically impossible to get past him with the Vertigo. He made a little mistake and I caught up with Pete who either made a mistake or let me by way too easy. Lost it again in lap 14 I think. Smashed into the wall and splitter gone :(

Grats Jari and thanks for racing guys, grid should have been bigger
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

By race time I had a car and a track that would dance together without toes being stepped on too badly. An off or two, sliding to the outside a bit but then at the half way point for some strange reason I decided to brake for T1 using my right foot instead of my left. That was a really bad decision! :confused::mad:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. wellllll.... Race start was ok but realized my car is oversteering badly and after spin i press f5 and then all was ok:) Missed 1 white line rule on qualify and must check replay tomorrow... ahh today and ill check top 3 cars cuz i hate guys WERE MAKING JOKE OF THESE RULES and thats not good! Good race after spun and 17 sec behind 3rd to win, thx all!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  17. This was my first race with my new wheel. Still getting used to it, but I think I was driving a lot more consistently. I'd hafta try driving the same car/setup/track with my gamepad to see. I think I'll try that actually.
    Still last, but a lot of fun. A bigger grid really woulda been nice tho. I do love these GT cars.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Vaughn Stegeman Like I said last night, getting used to a wheel just takes time.
    I saw a lot of me and my first time using it in you last night. Surprisingly, it was on this track, and seeing you go off in turn 11 and it all came flooding back. The frustration, despair, the swearing, lol.

Eventually, something just, clicks and you start putting decent laps together. Don't give up, you paid for it, you might as well use it, ;-)

A for the race, I wasn't at my fastest here, I was feeling some pain and that cost me two seconds. I was racing a lonely race up to lap 14 where i was hit by a massive bit of pain, so all i could do was park the car while it past.

That was when i learned the game removes you if you sit to long. I was planning to see if i could continue after the worst pain passed, but i didn't get the chanceto try. What a jip.
    Oh well, live and learn.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Christopher Hall-Nelson -- Yeah, I'll definitely stick with it. I'm REALLY liking the wheel. So much more control. This is my first force-feedback controller ever. Definitely will take some getting used to. Heck!! I'm still tuning and figuring out how I want the force-feedback settings. It's an incredible experience, being able to feel what the car is doing. I know I was able to recover from a few near-spins that I wouldn't have been able to recover with a gamepad.
    Thanks for your encouragement! :D
    And I'm sorry to hear about your pain. That really suck man. :thumbsdown:
    • Like Like x 1