GT Atmosphere & Scenery

Misc GT Atmosphere & Scenery 0.5.3a

Login or Register an account to download this content

Grand Tourist

Enjoying the beautiful world of Assetto Corsa
Sunny Sky Speed submitted a new resource:

Sunny Sky's AMD light graphics - first attempt to create a nice but light graphics mod without use of sweetfx and JSGME programs

Hi there,
this little first attempt for me to create a graphics mod (for AMD users) that is not too hard on mediocre machines (like mine) and still provides a decent environmental immersion with enough fps to enjoy it. I purposely left out any sweet fx and JCGME MODS to keep things simple.
Let's talk about what's inside this graphic mod:
1/ Sunny Skies weather mod:
a clear blue sky with very light Cirrus clouds (Wispy, feathery, and composed entirely of ice crystals. They often are...

Read more about this resource...

FYI to note for the forum and others:
4x EQ is a waste compared to 4x regular in the CCC. 4x is the same as 4x in game and some cards work better with the ingame AA instead.

EQ versions of MSAA in the driver have been shown to not be much better than normal and I can confirm in my testing. I have an r9 280 (same as 7950) and fps drop from 4x to 4xEQ is almost the same as 4x to 8x!

Also, edge detect AA is another very costly setting. Tesselation in some games helps to run 6x or 8x max. I use that for most games. Surface format off helps in some games make better clear textures at minimal cost.

upload_2016-5-15_12-45-24.png

Thanks for this mod!!!

Last edited:
Ooops, never mind. I went back to use application settings for AA in the driver.
With CCC settings set in driver, the assetto can't use FXAA.
Go to graphics, effects, set Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing - which takes away shimmering, even if you use 2x msaa!

In display tab in AC, set anti aliasing samples to 4x.

This is the setting I had used before and seems to be better looking for my r9 280.

Sunny Sky Speed updated Sunny Sky's AMD light graphics with a new update entry:

Eye of the Storm, weather mod + pp filter

Having received some good review about my first pp filter and weather mod, I took the next step in creating a new weather mod with accostumed pp filter:
"Eye of the Storm" weather mod wit "sunny_sky_storm_pp" filter.
This will eat quite some more fps than the Sunny Skies mod, because there are 750 clouds very active that seem to be spinning around you and the track at pretty high speed. No clouds have been replace or added, I used the exact same clouds as the Sunny Skies mod.
Enjoy :)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just tried the eye of the storm mod, you weren't kidding about the clouds. The speed of them is the FPS killer, here is how it looks on mine...
20160517103223_1.jpg

Here is a comparison shot of my filter and my Evening storm brewing weather (not released)
20160517103021_1.jpg

I keep the clouds down to 55 types and the movement is a much slower drift but still quick compared to other weathers. Keep the experiments going, I'm following this one as I need some new good ideas.

Just tried the eye of the storm mod, you weren't kidding about the clouds. The speed of them is the FPS killer, here is how it looks on mine...
View attachment 135617
Here is a comparison shot of my filter and my Evening storm brewing weather (not released)
View attachment 135619
I keep the clouds down to 55 types and the movement is a much slower drift but still quick compared to other weathers. Keep the experiments going, I'm following this one as I need some new good ideas.
that storm brew looks impressive! !

Sunny Sky Speed updated Sunny Sky's AMD light graphics with a new update entry:

Upgraded weather mods, added track conditions, small adjustments ppfilters

changelog :
-previous weather mods have been renamed to 8_cirrostratus_sun - Summers Day (in stead of Sunny Skies) and 9_nimbostratus_rain - Torrrential Rain (in stead of Eye of Storm)
DELETE previous weather files please (in assettocorsa/content/weather)

-new weather mod Summers Day (to use with sunny_sky_pp)installed, this contains the same blue sky as before update, but I...

Sunny Sky Speed updated Sunny Sky's Cloud Special with a new update entry:

Extra weather mod: Moist Green, foggy low stratus clouds.

4/ Moist Green (foggy low stratus clouds, gives the grass that typical deep green color).
Stratus clouds can let sunlight through, and so it does in this weather mod. Sunrays, light fog and very green grass are the main typical features of this weather mod. I personally love that combo, but for some it might be just too "greenish", not quite sure. Suited for forest environments.
Use with "sunny_sky_pp" filter....

fps enhancement, clouds updated, some colour adjustments

changelog :
~clouds were changed with latest update, which messed up my weather mods, so I reinstalled the older clouds (1024p, available in the clouds texture map) and put the updated clouds of v1.7 in the 1024 map, in case you want the originals back).
Moist Green
-improved fps by using less clouds
-fog is more visible now
-toned down the green effect (thx @WagnumPI for info)

View attachment 144282

Spring Flower
-no changes made
View attachment 144283...

added ultra_pp, corrected sunlight and ambient light

changelog:
-corrected sunlight and ambient light after reducing in clouds with previous update.
-added a third post proces filter, sunny_sky_ultra_pp, for people with HIGH-END machines (all features are turned on, resulting in -10fps for my system). the "ultra" pp is rich in colour, glare and contrast using the vignetting feature. I personally like it at Paul Ricard with the Moist Green (=fog) weather, but I was less impressed with the Red Bull Ring (somehow the colours there are already...

Grand Tourist updated GT Atmosphere & Scenery with a new update entry:

third weather mod added : GT_Blue_Moon

**Advise : use content manager and JSGME for optimal graphics**

* changelog 0.5.2 :
- added correct previews
- added "GT_Blue_Moon" weather mod with "GT_Silver" ppfilter for night racing. I used the sun for the moon. First horizon and ambient light are leare with less intense moonshine, while at midnight the moon shines brighter but the horizon darkens....

Grand Tourist updated GT Atmosphere & Scenery with a new update entry:

added 4th weather mod "GT Miami Night"

changelog 0.5.3 :
- fixed all previews
- pp filters renamed with capital like GT_Gold & GT_Silver : delete GT_gold fppilter with small letter pls.
- added 4th weather mod : "GT Miami Night" :starts just after sunset, offering a palet of purple-blue skies and an orange horizon. Later at night, the clouds become more visible.
Enjoy.

recap for best experience :
pp filter | weather mod | environment | circuit ex....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back