GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
Since update it doesn't like my crossfire at all even on the main menu I'm getting green and red lines flickering across the screen? When I disable crossfire its fine, any advice would be great thanks guys

AMD FX8350
XFX 7850DD ON CROSSFIRE
ASUS CROSSHAIR V formula-z
8GB Corsair Ram

Last edited:
I just tried the FExtreme and the car is positioned very strangely in the garage at Spielberg in test day mode.
Can't even exit when i apply full lock, there's just not enough room to turn the car around without hitting the walls. Must spin the tires to turn enough. Is this how it's meant to be ?

*edit: was on 14 steering lock...probably the cause. How much st lock should i use ?
I'm using a ca.250° steering wheel (MS Sidewinder).

The cars also don't want to upshift when i press the shifter. Often have to press multiple times for the upshift to occur. I have no problems with downshifting. Only tried V12 and FEx so far and both have this issue.
Never had such issues in V1.15.

Last edited:
Hi, after running the update via sync, and then applying the update after downloading the files via my browser - I can't load any tracks and I receive; '' Crash File., gs5\crashdumps\GSC.3404.dmp]is created ! ''. Tracks load upto full red line, but then do not load into the session, in single player mode. Tried loading several tracks, including all new 1.20 locations. All files as default, clean installation.

*edit: was on 14 steering lock...probably the cause. How much st lock should i use ?
I'm using a ca.250° steering wheel (MS Sidewinder).
250° is too little for an F1 car. Use 450° instead (and some 20-22 lock). 540° for Stocks and 900° for Camaro etc.

The cars also don't want to upshift when i press the shifter. Often have to press multiple times for the upshift to occur. I have no problems with downshifting. Only tried V12 and FEx so far and both have this issue.
Try disabling autoshift...

I am unhappy to report that the flickering shadows issue is feeling as good as ever and hasn't gone anywhere. The shadows do seem a bit less "triangular" in nature, now the are more irregular shapes, stains and patches, but they are traditionally pesky and irritating.

Also, a 15-lap race against the AI at Cordoba and those idiots go to the pits during the race for a reason beyong my understanding, given that hey are (or should be) using the default setup with which they have enough fuel to run 69 laps, and the tyres are hardly worn. It has been like that since day one, so the more things change the more the stay the same.

Due to those flicekring shadows GSCE is going out of my HDD, as I have grown tired of it being consistently ignored.

Hi, after running the update via sync, and then applying the update after downloading the files via my browser - I can't load any tracks and I receive; '' Crash File., gs5\crashdumps\GSC.3404.dmp]is created ! ''. Tracks load upto full red line, but then do not load into the session, in single player mode. Tried loading several tracks, including all new 1.20 locations. All files as default, clean installation.
i have the same problem!! someone can help ?

Due to those flicekring shadows GSCE is going out of my HDD, as I have grown tired of it being consistently ignored.
I don't think that's ignoring, mate. It might be gMotor2 thing. Shadows were always a giant issue in rFactor. Not only on big tracks. It's the way how they are made. I'm afraid this will never be solved :(

@hollow @Wedsley Dias @EduMala @Rixx One

Try to press CTRL-ALT-DELETE or ALT-TAB while the loading screen is stuck to see if there are any error messages that yuo can't see. It often contains information which may lead to the cause of the crashes.
Also, do you have to press space or enter to make the game crash and give out a dump file message? Does it stay stuck on the loading screen if you don't press space/enter?

Last edited:
250° is too little for an F1 car. Use 450° instead (and some 20-22 lock). 540° for Stocks and 900° for Camaro etc.
You are wrong. First, steering angle depends of your wheel. It does not change car turning in game, only your steering "sharpness".

Second, lock sets your car's wheels turning in game. If one has problem with getting out of pit box then he needs more lock. Steering angle has nothing to do with it.

And, real F1 wheels turn only about 270 degrees.

I got same problems as when the v 1.5 was released. Massive stuttering in several points of the various tracks often in proximity of the breaking points. In that points my Gpu's usage goes suddenly up to 99% independently of what happens and how many cars are on the screen. For example at Montreal it happens at turn 1, 4, 7 and 9.
I'm disappointed because my pc has enough power to run the game smoothly and all these issue began with version 1.5. (see bug report thread) and has not been fixed yet.

Well, follow this suggestion Reiza and now seems to work well. Let's go track.

Try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Thanks all.

Reactions: Tal
And, real F1 wheels turn only about 270 degrees.
Are you crazy? You can't be serious :confused: F1 cars use 450-500 degrees. Watch some onboards!

beztytuuo2zuh.jpg

If that's 270 to you, then we have nothing more to speak about.

Oh. And I guarantee you that with
Use 450° instead (and some 20-22 lock)
You can go out of pits without any problems. Stocks use 540 degrees in real life with max 22 lock...

PS: 220 degrees is for karts. Google it out.

Last edited:
Im not able to load tracks online.
Off line all seems fine, but Im trying to load servers with Formula Extreme or even the RD server Fun, but I keep getting .DMP errors everywhere.

Repeating, offline the tracks load just fine.

I had 1.15 installed and updated via Sync to 1.20.

Tried to delete the Shared folders content and run Sync again, problem not solved.

Everytime I execute the Sync there are 3 files to download, about 22Mb...the Sync download the files and closes, like they were installed, but then I run the Sync again and the files are there again to install.
Tried to execute as admin....to no avail.

Ideas?

This is basically what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%