GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

Anyone else having frame rate/frame stuttering issues running the karts at Granja Viana? I'm seeing a 50% decrease in frame rate and appears to be microstuttering(?) - the visuals have a strobe/flashing when lapping at Granja.

The frame rate when not v-sync'd at is Granja is 150 fps versus the well above 300 fps for both Floripa and Interlagos. If I v-sync GSC-E at 60fps, Granja dips into the 50 fps area or worse - with just my cart on track; the other karting tracks hold 60fps without issue

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 2500k @3.8Ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC using latest WHQL driver
GSC: GSC sync used to update GSC to 'Extreme' version 1.15 with latest GSC.exe (version #1.7.0.0)

Last edited:
the kart tracks run smooth on my machine. also the FFB for the Karts is ok now, there was a problem with G27 before the update. massive rattling and strange "kicks to left and right in the pit lane" from the wheel. but that is gone now.

the only problem with the kart tracks, there is no minimap for the kart tracks?

Last edited:
Haven't had a lot of time to diagnose the problem I'm having, but ever since upgrading to GSCE V1.15 from V1.10 using the GSC sync.exe my FOV in cockpit is set too close. I like to see my side mirrors in the open-wheelers, but cannot move the FOV back far enough to
achieve this. This is typical for both the open-wheelers and the Stock Cars. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

Specs:
CPU= Intel i7 950 @3.06Ghz
MB= X58
Mem= 12 GB PC3 12800
GPU= EVGA GTX 780 SC driver ver. 332.21
Monitor= (1) 27" (1920 x 1080)
OS= Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
Controller= G27

GSC: No mods

the kart tracks run smooth on my machine. also the FFB for the Karts is ok now, there was a problem with G27 before the update. massive rattling and strange "kicks to left and right in the pit lane" from the wheel. but that is gone now.

the only problem with the kart tracks, there is no minimap for the kart tracks?
Doesn't work when you press Numpad 0?

Even with the new exe, is anyone else getting massive stuttering if watching a replay or even just watching the AI's race as a spectator.

I haven't changed any settings from before the update and never even come close to this happening before.
Yeah, after a bit more testing with the new exe while it fixes the affinity im still getting quite a bit of stuttering, it seems to happen only in certain areas of certain tracks for instance turn 8 and the front straight at Curitiba suffer heavy stuttering.

text file is saying its aborting because of this

"4) Unable to sync file 'C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\InterlagosHistoric\InterlagosOuter\InterlagosOutermini.tga'! ErrorReplyCode: -1 Message: Malformed FTP reply: 0 O Aborting ..."

I have no mods installed currently

Any ideas to fix this problem? I can't install the update and i know of other people having the same issue.

Yeah, after a bit more testing with the new exe while it fixes the affinity im still getting quite a bit of stuttering, it seems to happen only in certain areas of certain tracks for instance turn 8 and the front straight at Curitiba suffer heavy stuttering.
Yep I've noticed it seems to happen if you are watching a replay or an actual AI race when the car is viewed side on or nearly side on from trackside cameras. If the car is coming towards the cam directly or driving away from one it doesn't seem to happen. Very weird.

When I updated to the latest exe I thought it was fixed but I still get really bad stuttering at Montreal with just me on track. My "normal" frame rate goes as high as 300 but has dropped to around 100 at Montreal. I am confused because 100 frames should not look jerky. Replays are almost impossible to watch. Please fix it, the game is great without the stutters.

Just drove every car around Velopark, no stuttering in race or replay. Great exe has fixed the problem, or so I thought. Back at Montreal stuttering is so bad in V12's that they are not drivable, the Formula Retro is not as bad but is suffering some stutter.

In v1.15 there is noticeable stuttering which was not in v1.10. I tried practice session w/ stockcar in Interlagos GP. While viewing in-car there was tiny stuttering, however switching to track view (Page Down key) and driving from that view, the stutterring was very noticeable. Same test in v1.10 - no stuttering at all, smooth as silk.

From the listed changes in v1.15 i see "Adjusted default shadow updates, sky update frames for smoother shadow transitions;". Could it be possible that this change somehow created stutters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%