GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

Hmm, Velopark and Taruma issues I'll look into. Swear I fixed fuel consumption at Taruma though.
Thanks Alex! Awesome sim :)

I flashed through a 10 lap stock v8 championship last night and Taruma was the only track that the AI pitted at, on lap 9ish.

To answer the question about the AI taking on differing amounts of fuel as I do, the answer is no. Ran a 40 min race at Interlagos with a full tank and then with only a few litres and the AI pitted on more or less the same lap in both races.

At Velopark, the AIW has space for 34, so editing the GDB as instructed above will avoid CTD in offline championships for now. So if you wish to edit that yourself go for it. However it will cause mismatches. The fix will be included in the upcoming patch.

If anyone spots AI running out of fuel please post, and in general tag me in track related bugs if you want to make sure I don't miss the info!

At Velopark, the AIW has space for 34, so editing the GDB as instructed above will avoid CTD in offline championships for now. So if you wish to edit that yourself go for it. However it will cause mismatches. The fix will be included in the upcoming patch.

If anyone spots AI running out of fuel please post, and in general tag me in track related bugs if you want to make sure I don't miss the info!
Oh right, thanks @Alex Sawczuk :)

So, how does the fuel story work? Do the AI have the same fuel load as the player default setup? So if I load the default setup at Interlagos and have 30 litres, for example, do the AI also have 30 litres? I'm trying to understand how often they will pit during different length races.

Also, is it true that the AI are forced by rules to pit during a championship, or during any races?

Thank you.

(Maybe questions for another thread, sorry... :redface:)

So, i fixed the framekilling dust, by settings shadows to high and dropping shadow blur, and forcing the aniso by nvidia control panel. Gives me headroom to run without fiddling with the track files to remove the dust (which is still somewhat ridicolous as my gpu is now at 19% load on a full grid, but jumps to 78-85 still as soon as dust appears, so bug not really solved).

Now i still have a major stuttering issue, where the sim would stutter at random intervals, like a jump in framerate (i can see this monitoring frametimes) that happens all the time for a certain time then goes away. Like load a race, go to quali, then i have stutter with the rendering locking up and split second freezes, while the ai goes off and i sit still in my box. Drive a bit... Like a lap or two, then it is gone. Smooth as butter.

Proceed to race session, same story, stuttering... Restart race 4 to 5 times, doing a few laps etc. Then it is suddenly fixed, no stutter.

It is as if it is caching something or preloading... Then when done, stutters disappear. Happens always using some models like the formula classic and v12, but seems to only happen occationally using f3, depending on track...

Anyone else get these microstutters that thwn goes away? Like i said, seems like some stream/preload bug. Do i need to clear some shader files or something? Track data?

It messes up my online game, as i can not really ask the rest of the field to restart 5 times and wait for me to have a stutter/freeze free start :)

Hardware is 4 core Intel I5 @ 4.3 Ghz. and GTX680 OC @ 1150 MHZ.

Framerate counter reports 60 fps solid during stutter mostly, but frametime measure shows frametimes spiking severely.

Using latest NVidia WHQL drivers.

Took some time to investigate further. Turns out the only thing causing huge stuttering issues using AI is if ir un either Formula Retro or V12. If i do, just standing still in my pitbox in practice gives frametime spikes everytime ai cars move or load, with freezes and drops.

No other content does this apart from those two.

Also GPU usage is 12% in pit box looking at my own cockpit using Formula Reiza car and full AI grid.

The same situation in V12 is 50% usage with no other car on view, just my steering wheel.

I've said this before regarding the retros, and i think it is also affecting the V12.... There is some model or lod issue with those two contents. Could also be AI bugs in those cars?

If someone else care to try these are my settings:

25 AI, all video settings at full, except shadows high, no shadow blur. All cars visible, 8x aniso

In config i have 1920*1080 res, 60hz. with 4x aa. Vsync is on.

Can someone on the latest nvidia drivers try this as well, first with some other content, then with retro and v12 to see if you get the same stutters? Monitoring framerate and frametimes with afterburner will help seeing it.

Also, is your gpu usage that abnormally high with those two contents compared to the others?

Just making sure me or my rig is not losing it here :)

Stuttering still persist. Not a problem in any other title i've tried, all benching runs ok. So hardware/driver issues are out of the question.

I've seen this before on GSC as well, so i think it's an engine issue with the models... Tried lowering detail level of opponents, but problem still persists. So no dice yet.

@Reiza Studios, is there any difference in Retro and V12 models as opposed to say, F3 or Formula Reiza? Polygon count? LODs?

Stuttering still persist. Not a problem in any other title i've tried, all benching runs ok. So hardware/driver issues are out of the question.

I've seen this before on GSC as well, so i think it's an engine issue with the models... Tried lowering detail level of opponents, but problem still persists. So no dice yet.

@Reiza Studios, is there any difference in Retro and V12 models as opposed to say, F3 or Formula Reiza? Polygon count? LODs?

Have you tried this Richard, it sorted my stuttering issues out. Set time scale to none in rules options.

with the couple of posts i have in this thread about v1.15 introducing stutters (even when FPS show 60+) and FPS drops compared to the v1.10 on the same PC, same HDD, using same settings etc. i had tried all the suggested fixes in this thread to no success, and this evening i was swapping back and forward between versions comparing the FPS drops and stuttering and just generally trying to figure it out seeing as all settings were identical. i was testing at Taruma and a rFactor conversion track (Jerez, which has really high FPS) etc..... then i noticed my v1.10 had time scaled set to NONE whereas v1.15 was set to NORMAL (maybe by default??). so i changed that to NONE in v1.15 and tried a couple of the same tracks i had been testing and voila!! the two tracks i looked at so far had their FPS back up and no stuttering present whatsoever.... I am going to test a few more and will post my outcome.

perhaps you other guys with stutters should set time scale to NONE and see if that helps yours too...

My GSC does not start. The process appears in Task Manager and dies after 3 seconds. I tried to reinstall, update and nothing working.
Whenever I install a new game happens. Or else might have happened after I installed and removed FRAPS. I'm not sure. How should I proceed? I can not format the PC again

PC Specs
Core i3
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD
NVIDIA GTX 460 (latest drivers)

The problem only happens in the GSC, Formula Truck and other normally open

Last edited:
@Paul Smith:

Yes, already tried it, stuttering is still present, but as i said, only with V12 or Retro... Not on any other content.

I finally seem to have cured my stuttering, I don't know if any of my info can help you.
I had moments of tiny stutters like an old Charlie Chaplin movie, with the V12s at Montreal, and at Monaco, Birmingham Superprix & Toronto (tracks I converted for my own use).
I have i7 4770k, not clocked, 8GB of high speed ram, Sapphire HD7950 3GB Graphics. I do not have any trouble with numerous other games.
I do not know which of these things fixed it, or maybe it needed all of them, but anyway:
*I run a free utility in the background - Bill2's Process manager - I use this to set GSC to 'Above Normal' priority, and to make sure all 4 cores are working.
*I have turned shadows down to High
For a while I thought the above had cured it, but the past few days I noticed it was happening at Toronto & Birmingham, so I tried again -
*In my graphics card settings I set everything to 'Use Application settings' where possible, and lowered any other settings for performance rather than quality.
*In GSC config, I set performance to Auto and lowered AA from 4x to 2x. (Also VSync remains On).
I do NOT know if all these are necessary, but between them, it seems to have gone - I finally ran a completely smooth Toronto race last night and it was fantastic. I am hoping I have finally got rid of my stutters, time will tell.
So I am not certain anymore that the process manager utility is necessary, as it was finally cured by just turning things down on my GPU so I might try taking the utility out later , but for now I am just happy to have it running as it should.
I hope something here might help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back