1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GSCE or Raceroom?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Yapci, Mar 29, 2015.

1. GSCE

60.0%
  2. Raceroom

40.0%
  1. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

Im about to buy one of this (better to have them both but for now only one) and dont know wich one is better in terms of AI, physics and feeling, sound, graphical details, etc etc.

2. 247

so...tested both...raceroom is a game you will enjoy even with a pad even if is best suited for wheels...gsce is (almost for me) not very playable with the pad...and above all raceroom has best sound engine you can find in any game ;) so my vote was for raceroom :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd suggest sound and graphics are better in R3E. AI and physics are more subjective - both seem pretty good.

I would have thought content was the deciding issue. If you prefer open wheelers and single spec racing then GSCE is your best option. If you prefer GTs and Touring cars, especially of the European variety with different cars in the same race then R3E is your best option.

For me the 1992 DTM pack is irresistible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Graphics: R3E.
    FFB: GSCE.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It really depends on what you're looking for from a sim. I really love both sims so it's a hard decision..

GSCE features many tracks that are new to me, the car roster is great with everything from go-carts, feeder series such as Mini challenge and Formula V (akin to Formula Ford), Brazilian touring cars to F1 cars. The FFB and physics are some of the best available and the sounds are getting better all the time. What Reiza have coaxed out of the gMotor engine with additional shaders etc is to be commended too. The post-release support is second to none; Reiza have been unbelievable with their FREE content plus there is mod support.

R3E has very good graphics, brilliant sound effects, the famed 'easy to pick up, hard to master' physics of SimBin titles of yore (this is a isiMotor2 based sim after all) and the FFB is always on the improve - check the Sector 3 forums for suggested settings. R3E has a great car and track roster with some great licenced content and it's always getting better with a lot more content to come.

Both sims feature solid AI. R3E is a pay-as-you-go sim that offers great discounts for volume transactions whereas GSCE is a pay once and you get everything. R3E is always online where as GSCE isn't which may be a factor too.

Try both and see what you like the most..how's that for fence sitting :roflmao:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. If I'm truly being honest, I'd have to say both and if you're a fan of racing sims, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to have them both. In my mind, every racing sim fan should own Assetto Corsa, GSCE, R3E based on their value for what they offer. Runner-ups would be rFactor 2 and iRacing but rFactor 2 feels limited and still unpolished, its saving grace is its physics and FFB which are excellent. iRacing is the gold standard for online racing and the FFB is also very good, but the physics are not as good as the others I've listed and the value is hotly debatable since its easily the most expensive sim to own.

This is coming from someone that owns them all so this is MY opinion based on MY experience with all of them.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. And this is the best advice since both can be tried for free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

Maybe i should retry both and tweak the ffb because last time i tried rre i didnt live the feeling and when i tried gsce my screen was too small i didnt see the track from in cockpit view:cry:

9. I don't know how long ago its been since you last played R3E but the FFB has been updated over the last few months and feels very good now.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

I think it was last year in october so...it's been a while!

11. MUCH has changed since then and there was another big update today with more FFB improvements as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

So I tried RRE and I dont like that loooong loading screens neither the feeling of the ffb (but I havent tweaked it much since its got lot of parameters and I dont really know wtf they do!)

Any universal configuration to start with the g27?

I dont get to feel it like AC, where I feel it more "inmersive"