GSCE in 2560x1080 ultra widescreen

Im not a fan of triples and Oculus is not properly out yet , so Im also considering one of these ultra wide monitors as a dedicated screen for my sig rig.Is the increased resolution really noticeable?I heard at those resolutions and up AA is not that important because there are nearly no jagged lines.

Im not a fan of triples and Oculus is not properly out yet , so Im also considering one of these ultra wide monitors as a dedicated screen for my sig rig.Is the increased resolution really noticeable?I heard at those resolutions and up AA is not that important because there are nearly no jagged lines.
Just ask his FOV and seating position and check in your game take a ss and compare with his. But you can tell it makes a big difference, create a custom resolution with Power Strip (it doesn't work adding it ton GSC config I think so you need that program) reduce your resolution like: if you run 1280x768, make it 1280x500 and see how much more view you get on the sides
*Once the resolution is created and added to GSC put Windows back to normal res and run GSC windowed

I have a 34 "Dell ultra sharp ultrawide curved 3440 x 1440p ui looks and operates fine aside the fact it's running on a 10 yr engine and slightly stretched .
Do you have wide mode enabled in your config setup ?
There implementing a new ui in the future which will hopefully sharpen it up and look a little more modern.
As for AA you still need to use pretty high settings to get the jaggies out of the engine.
I use nvidia inspector 4xs + 4x sparse grid x16 af max ingame settingd with reiza's sweet fx and the game is crisp and cleaner looking than any of my other Sims while maintaining a solid 60 fps

I've been thinking about getting one of these as I don't really have the space for triples and the images do look great but I think I'm gonna wait for VR as they seem like they could be perfect for cockpit based games where motion sickness shouldn't be an issue.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%