GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

tcb77, put the gsc synch files into your gsc game folder and run it, it should find it from there.
Once it has run and finished finding all files that need synching, press ok to download any new files.

OK, I tested a little, and here's my only issue so far:

I'm sure my fellow simracers will understand and are fully familiar with what I'm talking about.

In the .PLR file "Auto Lift" and "Auto Blip" were set to "1" (enabled) which caused the cars without semi-automatics (like Formula Retro) having improper gear shifting system with no necessity of lifting foot from the gas pedal and blipping the throttle when putting in lower gear - which is totally unrealistic and arcadish.
After setting those two to "0" all is OK, meaning semi-automatics (like Formula Reiza) are to be driven like modern F1 car with paddle-shifters, while classic cars with H-pattern shifters have to be driven differently (as in real life).

AI at Cordoba needs improvement. I have attached this beautiful graphics to explain. In point 1 the AI cars (the V8s) brake too early, so you could dive on the inside and pass them, but then in point 2, on the exit, instead of flooring it they unexpectedly brake :o, which means I end up squashing up their asses. Point 3 is where they get too far on the kerb, lose the rear end and correct immediately - all in the same strange manner. While racing the Opalas they habitually get so sideways they collect the cars beside them, which kinda sucks.
30mmn0w.jpg

Also, I cannot determine the number of pitstops, not when the cars are under the parc ferme conditions but basically never. I know setting up a race strategy on the grid in the few seconds before the red lights go out adds to the general excitement and adrenaline but I have a vague feeling that in real life this is done in the garage, before the race ;-)

260tqph.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I cannot determine the number of pitstops, not when the cars are under the parc ferme conditions but basically never. I know setting up a race strategy on the grid in the few seconds before the red lights go out adds to the general excitement and adrenaline but I have a vague feeling that in real life this is done in the garage, before the race
Yes but in real life the V8's don't pit. 40 min +1 lap race. You have enough fuel to do this race. This is how Reiza Studios want's it. I have been asking for this to be changed and refueling for all cars for what seems to be forever now. They did give us refueling on the Opala's and F3's in the last update.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
i am noticing a "fluttering" in the sound of the F3s now as your accelerate, most noticeable if you do a roll on in 1st through the lower / middle revs? anyone else notice this or is it just me ??? I never noticed until V1.10

Okay, @Jim Brailsford. I've recorded a file that show exactly what's going on with the sound here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyzqwsgp2rsv3nx/Stock Car V8 sound popping.mp3

It sounds like there are two sound files playing at the same time (max RPM).

It happens for every car, except for Formula 3's, Opalas and Mini's (and maybe karts).

@Alex Sawczuk, is it supposed to sound like that?

I'm in work so unab;e to listen but I will when I get home in the morning. I've only driven the formula classic since the full release and I thought they sounded wonderful and meaty but then again, my hearing could be playing up.

Yes but in real life the V8's don't pit. 40 min +1 lap race. You have enough fuel to do this race. This is how Reiza Studios want's it. I have been asking for this to be changed and refueling for all cars for what seems to be forever now. They did give us refueling on the Opala's and F3's in the last update.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the explanation, mate :). However, this shows that there is definitely something wrong with the AI files, as the AI cars (the V8s) DO PIT during the race, even a short, 12-lap one. The first time I noticed this it took me by surprise, but I then I assumed that in RL there is a mandatory pit-stop. Since there isn't, well.......please fix it, Reiza.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back