GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

Well, finally , I was able to resolve the problem, and maybe it could help other players with the same problem.

My laptop has 2 graphic cards: 1 is integrated Intel 3000, the other is Nvidia Geforce T 550M. In the config window I was not able to choose: only the integrated Intel 3000 was present.
I had the same problem with rfactor 2, after installing the trackmap plugin.
So in GSC2013 I tried to uninstall the trackmap plugin (standard installed) by removing the 'Trackmap'-folder, the TrackMapPlugin.dll, and the d3d9.dll from the installation directory.
Now it is working fine! Strange kind of bug ~~~~

Sorry to have bothered you all.
Thanks anyway :)

I found that the guilty one is the d3d9.dll file. That is the only thing that needs to be removed. Trackmap folder and Trackmap plugin can stay, although tha trackmap will not be available while driving.
I hope that some devs will be able to give a solution to this problem by altering the d3d9.dll?

I got a MAJOR problem with Game Stock Car 2013.....

Hello Reiza, there is a HUGE issue with GSC, that I do not notice so much at all tracks (might be still happening, but not enough to notice too much.)

I went to the karting track and I had huge stutters. There are big stutters at the same constant interval around 1 every second or 2, and it literally makes the game unplayable. My fps were in the 100s-400s (depending on my graphics settings). I found the problem after many, many experiments with in-game options, GFX card control panel options, PLR options, etc......

The problem is.....

The time scale. Every single time the shadows, or lighting, or whatever gets updated there is a HUGE stutter. I even put the shadows on "Low", but the problem was still there. So I then disabled Time-scale altogether (set it to "None") and the problem goes away 100% completely. THen I turned time-scale back on (x1, x5, x60, doesn't matter) BUT I set shadows to "off", and again perfectly smooth.

I tested on Granja Viana 2 and seriously it is literally unplayable, it's literally "broken". The problem is every second or so when the time-scale feature updates. It makes no difference if you are running shadows at low, medium, high, or max. The problem only goes away under the one of the following 2 conditions (or both):

- Shadows set to "Off"
- Time Scale set to "None"

I don't notice this much at Brasiliana short track (track I spent most of my time last night), but at the Karting Tracks it wasn't just bad, it was un-playable & "broken"....

P.S. Included with my experiments were monitoring of GPU activity which was all consistent and fine, temps, default graphics, frame limiter to a positive number, to a negative number, no frame limiter, minimum graphics settings, disable all background monitoring programs, etc. etc. The problem is the time scale. If you watch from a trackside TV cam during live mode you can see the stutter happens every single time, at the EXACT same time, that the shadow updates due to the 24 hr time scale in progress.

I can make a video if you really need me to....

(Just started a new thread (http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ue-game-unplayable-please-fix-it-reiza.83914/), not sure how I missed this "bug report" thread so I apologize to Race Department :) )

Another bug...

When driving the V8 Stock Cars the view through the side mirrors is corrupt or something. It's like there are some random polygons being displayed there. I have tried changing my FOV and holding shift when moving the seat controls but I can't get rid of it. It actually looks like a bit of armco stuck to the side of the car or something. I checked the outside view but everything is fine.

Not really sure if this is a bug, but it is bugging me
The only way I can get v8 AI not to pit in a short sprint race is to set race type to Time. (eg 15 min)
If I set it to number of laps (eg 10 laps) or time + laps AI will always pit

I've also got lower performance than usual on the kart tracks. Stock settings, haven't tried time scaling. I always have to turn graphics settings down when karting.
It's not just general overall lower performance (which I can understand because a kart track has lot's of objects inside such a small space so the game is always rendering a lot more at once most likely) I can put all the graphics down to low and play at 500 frames per second (literally) and it will still have a constant very large stutter every second or so.

It can only be cured by turning shadows completely off, or keeping shadows on at any level including max but disabling time scale. This to me indicates that it's an issue with the shadows being updated according to the time scale feature. I checked on some static TV cams as I raced around with the car and the stutter happened every single time the shadows got updated/moved from the time scale feature, every second or 2 which was further proof of it being a shadow + time-scale feature problem.

Shadows on (at any level) + time scale on (at any rate) and the problem happens, even at minimum settings at 500 fps, but if you completely disable one of them (either shadows completely off, or time scale completely off) then everything is fine.

- i7-4930k @ 4.2 GHz
- GTX 780 Ti @ 1124 MHz / 1750 MHz (7000 MHz effective)
- 16 GB (4 x 4 GB, quad channel) @ 1866 MHz / 8-9-9-24 2T

I have a second GTX 780 Ti so I installed it in SLI but the problem still happens. I disabled triple screen and played at single screen low resolution at hundreds of fps, problem still happens.

It is literally unplayable, literally. The stutter is not microstutter, it is a big stutter, you cannot drive with it.

Keeping shadows on and just disabling time scale is a quick fix but part of what makes the RFactor engine so beautiful and so immersive is the time scale feature :(

Please Reiza, please fix this.

Fuel Bug at Taruma?

OK so I just got to the third race in my V8 Stockcar championship - Taruma. There seems to be a bug with the amount of fuel the car carries. My championship is set up for 12 laps each race so I put in 12 laps worth of fuel. First race I ran out of fuel trying to get back to the pit lane with about a lap to go. Second race I added more fuel and got to about 50 yds away from the finish line. Third race I used 16 laps of fuel and just about made it. I haven't changed any settings. Race is set to 'laps', time is set to 'normal' etc. The first two races were fine with the correct fuel.

I'm also getting the bug everyone else is talking about with the AI pitting at about lap 10 (out of 12 laps).

Finally, the AI are really weak at Taruma.

Thanks, :cool:

Shadows are (unfortunately) CPU dependent. So there is something not related to graphics causing your issues. Are you overclocking your CPU for example?
I put it back to stock settings and it still happens. It is a major glitch. You have to disable time-scale (can leave shadows on max as long as you disable time-scale), or you can leave time-scale enabled but shadows completely off. It is only noticeable on the karting tracks. It happens when I run at 500 fps, it happens if I max out my graphics cards and run at 30 or 40 fps, it always happens no matter what. It happens at an exact constant interval, every second or so, the exact same time the shadow moves/gets updated from the time scale feature.

The stutters are so big you cannot drive, it is not microstutter, they are big frame skips.

Whatever is causing a slowdown processor side is most likely an internal problem with the game.

I've done tests with tons of benchmark programs, PC Mark 7, PC Mark 8, Prime 95, WinRAR benchmark, wPrime, RealBench, Ycruncher, and games as well like Battlefield 3 64-player online multiplayer (CPU intensive), Crysis 3, I am 99.9999% sure there are no issues with my software or hardware.

I also tried gamebooster to shut off background tasks, that didn't help.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

The only stuttering I am seeing, which is new to GSC 2013, is with sound. If I do not tick VSynch ON, then I get terrible sound stuttering throughout the game. As soon as I enable VSynch it is cured. Bit annoying as I like to run without VSynch if I want to check my FPS. But otherwise I only (very rarely) get stuttering on a couple of high detail independently installed track mods.

i don't know if this is standard bug or is there something wrong with my settings but sometimes I will get very short spike in the game which will change my degree of rotation from 260 to 900, the only way to solve this is reset the game.
maybe is it because settings in profiler from which I launch the game is different to main g27 settings?

Whatever is causing a slowdown processor side is most likely an internal problem with the game.
Am I the only one experiencing this?

I don't know if this will help, but I may have cured my sound stuttering, and this might also help your issue as well. I have downloaded a small utility called Bill2's Process Manager. It runs in the background, and you can use it to set the priority of anything that is runnign on your pc.

By default, GSC2013 was running at 'Below Normal Priority'. Using Bill2's Process Manager, I have changed mine to 'Above Normal Priority', and my initial impression is that it has cured my sound stutter problem. It needs further testing to be certain, but it is well worth looking at.

I've downloaded and installed the game stock car 2013 but when I load it up I put in a username and click ok and i get nothing it just flashes and just stays at the point where i put in the username. i've got a strong computer so i don't really know what good go wrong any help is appreciated

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back