Stock Car Extreme - Templates & Viewers

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Last edited:
The layers in the window/windshield templates with "alpha_" as the prefix are so you can create a correct alpha layer that matches your custom name/number. After you've added your name and number to the template you should duplicate this up into the alpha section using the "name/number here" layer as a guide for opacity and location in the layer stack, unhide all the alpha layers and save this to the alpha channel of the PSD (exact methods here vary a lot per program, Google is your friend). Then hide the alpha layers again and save out to DXT5.

The car skin templates come with a generic alpha as its possible to create one that mostly suits a wide variety of skins which in turn allows people to just save a skin psd out to a dxt5 dds. I guess the one mistake I made here is making the car skin templates so relatively easy to get in game, rather than forcing people to learn about alpha channels for everything :p

But the glass has transparency, which is completely unique to each car. Somewhat obviously there's no such thing as a suitable generic alpha here, so I opted to leave the alpha out entirely, instead providing all the layers necessary to create a custom (and correct) alpha layer.

The layers in the window/windshield templates with "alpha_" as the prefix are so you can create a correct alpha layer that matches your custom name/number. After you've added your name and number to the template you should duplicate this up into the alpha section using the "name/number here" layer as a guide for opacity and location in the layer stack, unhide all the alpha layers and save this to the alpha channel of the PSD (exact methods here vary a lot per program, Google is your friend). Then hide the alpha layers again and save out to DXT5.

The car skin templates come with a generic alpha as its possible to create one that mostly suits a wide variety of skins which in turn allows people to just save a skin psd out to a dxt5 dds. I guess the one mistake I made here is making the car skin templates so relatively easy to get in game, rather than forcing people to learn about alpha channels for everything :p

But the glass has transparency, which is completely unique to each car. Somewhat obviously there's no such thing as a suitable generic alpha here, so I opted to leave the alpha out entirely, instead providing all the layers necessary to create a custom (and correct) alpha layer.

That explains a lot. Thank you. Sadly I am late for this template. And also because of my ADD I failed to comprehend the guidelines for this skin. The league organizers were going to take care of the window files and the .veh files, the very files I didn't know how to handle (I knew how to handle the .vhe file as far as the script language, just not in relation to how to handle the numbering).

Anyway, by the time the next league rolls around I'll be ready. Thank you for the clarification.

Hi,

I am really struggling with the windows, the Alpha channel bit is completley new to me, I have made Skins in Race 07 with windows but this is way beyond my Photoshop knowledge.

Can someone please help - a step by step guide of what I need to do would be really appreciated.

I am trying to do a window for the mini, I go to the Channels and can see the RGB alpha channel listing. When I flatten image and save as DDS, Alpha channel seems to disappear somehow so that windows end up shiny opaque.

Which layers do I need to unhide before adding my number to the alpha channel? I have tried several combos, but each as failed. I haveadded my number, then selected it using magic wand, selevted "channels", saved the selection as a new channel. This creates a new channel, when I select that channel, image goes red.

I am probably been really daft, but if anyone can shed some light through my very opaque situation, I would be greatful. The more "cat sat on the mat" type style the guide will be will probably help not just me, but others too - unless it is just mee been an idiot and everyone else gets how to do this!!;)

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

Last edited:
@nickovey, when clicking on "Generate mipmaps" what do I have to choose?

- Super Sampling
- bilinear
- Bicubic
- Nearest Neigbour

In terms of getting the file to load and behave correctly ingame, it doesn't matter. They're just different algorithms for mipmap generation, which look slightly different. Super sampling will be the smoothest, with bilinear being a little more pixely and bicubic even more so.. Super sampling is probably the best bet.

For glass alphas, refer to my post at the top of this page and follow a tutorial for the software you're using to create/add the alpha channel to the file.

Alguem tem as rodas e lanternas ou o arquivo completo para fazer renders no Studio Max ?

Someone has wheels and lanterns or full file to make renders in Studio Max?

(Excuse my English, use translator)

please if anyone can tell me how to import lights in race 07 custom skin.I can do that but the headlights stay black.I save body.dds dxt1 6minimaps ,windows dxt5 6mmaps ,windows int dxt5 no mmaps.so the question is how to make lights to be transparent-not black.(like windows).? please help? i am using photoshop for editing

I Need someone to help me convert the PSD files to the correct DDS file format using GIMP.
I have created my custom paint and I can see it correctly using 3ds Max but when I try to convert my files to DDS they arent similar to the ones in the game and dont show in the showroom.
I also dont know if I have to flatten the image before converting or how to add an alpha channel.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I have read the thread and made some progress but I still cant get it to work.:mad:
Please :confused: can someone help me????:(
image.jpg
image.jpg

I Managed to get the custom paint ingame but still cant create the alpha channels for the Windows correctly. Google is not my friend
This may help.

Video is easier to follow than me trying to explain in a thousand words. Plus I have not that much experience in Gimp as I don't use it often at all. :)

Once you get to the point of a new alpha layer, open the blank texture provided open the alpha channel on it and copy and paste it over to your texture.

Not too sure if this works like this in Gimp.....just thinking it might be similar to PS in this aspect.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back