1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSC2013 shifter Karts @ Salvador - Wed 22nd January 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Practice: 20:00 GMT
    Qually: 20:20 GMT 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 1 : 20 mins
    3 minutes comfort break
    Race 2 : 20 mins Reverse grid
    We will run the shifter karts on this track
    Track Update:
    ( Download ) unpack and place in the Salvador folder in locations folder and let it overwrite (GSC2013UD\GameData\Locations\Salvador\SalvadorStockCar) GDB file
    Please back up your original the GDB file in the location folder in Salvador before installing so you can replace later.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the event discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination.

1. Matej Lakota
    2. Lewis Travis
    3. Rupe Wilson
    4. Jörn Horbelt
    5. Franklin Stegink
    6. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    7. Thomas Travis
    8. Mark Travis
    9. Warren Schembri
    10. Henrique Baciuli
    11. Ken Hunter
    12. David Brock
    13. Steven Scott
    14. Jarek Kostowski
    15. Stig Bidstrup
    16. Tobias Liesaus
    17. Renato Dornelles
    18. Wedsley Dias
    19. Troy Barman
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Sign me up, please.
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Server is up
  4. Going to be an absolute nightmare with the v8's on this track!
    Sign me up anyway :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I will agree it going to be a tricky track but i like a challenge..

as i posted in the mini thread.
    That's the idea of running the mini first for this track so we have a chance to get used to it

Its a street circuit and if driven correctly can be fun, but care will be needed when driving it.
    no last of the late brakers into the chicanes and if your not full along side by the time the car in front is turning in you don't have the right to stuff it up the inside.
    There will be no barging your way through the pack when there is no gap to go though.
    Any body doing this will find them selves racing on there own for a while.
    This is a club event and fun is the key to success.

I will be the first to admit its a hard track to pass on and you may just end up defending your position and waiting for a chance to attack.
    each kind of track offers a different style of racing and as we want to use all the tracks lets get use to this style of racing..
    the kurbs are high so don't ride them pain and simple,
    beware of the chicane's single file is the key to getting through safely..
    Back marker or cars that are getting lapped hold you line do not weave to get out of the way drive through a chicane as you normally would and lift of the gas on the straight to let guys by.
    guy that are lapping cars you have to pull out to go round the car your lapping, don't drive right up his bumper. pull out in time to let the guy see you on his side and he can lift of the gas to assist you in getting by.
    you may have to wait till the exit of a chicane before you can overtake a car, don't expect them to get out the way mid corner.

lets try and have a good race above all its should be fun for all..
  6. I'm in
  7. Enter me plz :)
  8. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Its better to drive the Karts on this track.

I have tried the stockcar, but the track is to difficult for this cars.
    I have drive some laps with the karts and its a lot of fun.

More people agree this?
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

You have my agreement on this bud!
    The V8's are pathetic around here, and for that reason, I'm out!

BUT, if we done the Karts, I think it would be a 100% sign in from me!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

yes i do :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Here is what you need to drive on the server which is open now Click me if you want to test
    please back up your original the GBD file in the location folder in Salvador

thanks Franklin and Christopher for testing with me :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Its all part of the service Ma'am
  12. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Can somebody tell me, what will we race tomorow, because I am slow ... I mean ... I really suck with karts, so if they are on the program, I will try some other race elsewhere :).
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I don't know how fast any of the guys are but we were just having a blast last night with them on the track , as it open and long its very forgiving, the chicane was easy to get through also,
    we were using the shifter kart and i soon got into a flow,
    this track is hard work for me in a V8 i can hot lap ok but in a pack i can see it ending in frustration for allot of drivers.

this was maybe not one of my best picks but as it was in the sim i wanted to try all tracks.
    i know im not good with the V8, but after watching a few guys who are fairly confident with these cars also having issues,

I have the feeling a change to karts might work out better.

we have 2 sign up at the moment, If we get more that want to race the V8 then we will stick with it but if we get a few more that would like to try the karts i think we should change it over to karts.

i can always run both by making a separate post.. by did not want to split the numbers..
    i will review it at the end of the day :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

We don't as a rule do lap times but in the kart me Franklin and Christopher were in the 17's last night.
    on default set up with the gearing all the way to max..
    steering lock of about 450deg,,
    but it was such good fun..
  15. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Tnx mate, I will try :thumbsup:. But karts are difficult for me, because I am right foot braker and doing heel/toe with almost all the cars all time. But as you said, these karts have shifter, so maybe we could became friends :).
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

now dont laugh :redface:
    i was using a manual shift with them no paddles or sequensail:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

and was failing real bad...
    now in using sequential on my g25 that feels better to drive the shifter karts.
  17. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

No ... hehehe ... I will not ;).
    With a small setup change and after 10 laps I did 1.17 too. So, I will be tomorow with you doesn˙t matter, what will we drive. And also this evening, if anybody will appear on server.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. bömii

Premium Member

if we are going to race the karts, i'm in.i'm not confident enough in the v8's, especially on a track like this
  19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

ok guys lets run the karts :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

club race post updated.. and ready to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.