GSC - wont work after formatting gmotor 2 error

Hi all,

for the first time ever i have got a problem with GSC after updating my HD (120GB SSD to a 240GB SSD)

i have re-installed the game on nermous occasion, i have even tried installing them in different places, but to no avail. The game installer files work fine as i install GSC 6 months ago with them (2012 Files) , i also tried 2 1.2 Patches from different sources but it sitll doesn't work.

Dwm2012-11-1717-47-32-38.png

i have noticed the skin files for the Mini Challenge do not appear after installing the game.

any help is kindly appreciated.

Scott.

That error is from the game trying to load the safety car in the menu (and failing, since it's not designed to do so). This only happens when no series are found and able to be loaded, so there's definitely some kind of install error.

If you're copying over an existing player profile (.PLR from an old install) I'd suggest backing that up and deleting that so the game generates a new one for you, that can solve a whole host of odd reinstall issues. Failing that, try a fresh full download of v1.2?

Can you not overwrite all your installation files from the ones on your old drive? Obviously making sure the directory tree is identical?
Hey, no i don't have a old install of the game plus a fresh installation is the best :)

That error is from the game trying to load the safety car in the menu (and failing, since it's not designed to do so). This only happens when no series are found and able to be loaded, so there's definitely some kind of install error.

If you're copying over an existing player profile (.PLR from an old install) I'd suggest backing that up and deleting that so the game generates a new one for you, that can solve a whole host of odd reinstall issues. Failing that, try a fresh full download of v1.2?
i did transfer my old profile before, for the 1st install, then i got the error, so i started the installation fresh to a different drive and i still get the same problem. my UAC (User Account Control) is turned off, so that is not conflicting either :(

the install files i have worked perfect before, but for some odd reason i am not receiving this error each time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back