GSC Tracks

Almost all of the tracks shown there are illigal and I dont think you are allowed to post them on the forums here.
Illegal??? And why is that??? I would really like to know, before i do something wrong... The guys name that i saw with the link for the tracks is in here also, not going to write his name though...
These are the tracks listed, are you guys telling me that all these tracks are illegal? :(
- Spa Francorchamps
- Mid Ohio VLM
- Sebring VLM
- Melbourne
- Bahrain
- A1 Ring
- Monaco
- Imola
- Nordschleife
- Istanbul

The tracks are illegal because -
1: they are converted to this game without permission
2: the author of these tracks have not even given permission to do so

the only way they are legal is if the developer of the tracks have given permission (sometimes written permission) for the tracks to be converted, at RD we do not allow "illegal" tracks to be hosted or posted on here.

the only way they are legal is if the developer of the tracks have given permission (sometimes written permission) for the tracks to be converted, at RD we do not allow "illegal" tracks to be hosted or posted on here.
thx Scott good to know, funny though how many tracks are out there illegally

Not to hijack this thread and just for interest sake:

by developer do you mean the guys who built the real track or software track? I would think the owner of the real track should also give permission?

Or can anyone make any track for a game and use it? Just curious.

Not to hijack this thread and just for interest sake:

by developer do you mean the guys who built the real track or software track? I would think the owner of the real track should also give permission?

Or can anyone make any track for a game and use it? Just curious.
if it's for profit, like companys then sure, the gaming company's need a license to do so, however if their is no money involved and the game can be modded (allowed to) then they/ the creator of the track, has the right to to reserve he's work for the game he made it for.

for example, let's say i made Monza on rFactor 1, DriverA came along and decided he liked the track (my work i put into it also) so he'll take the track's files and put them into another game running of the same engine, without my permission.... not only is that illegal but the game devloper who developed the game does not allow modding, in my opinion it's even worse some1 has not only ripped some1 elses work onto another game, but without any permission either!

...sorry, but when the Game want to have a sucess in Europe, we need here
more High Quality European Tracks.

And another Commentar....the Sebring VLM look very Nice in the GSC Game ;-)

That exactly the issue. The VLM version is a rip from rFactor and sure looks beautiful but its taken from one of the best modding groups in the industry without even asking them for permission. Shameful as VLM has objected against these conversions and people still ignore the wish of the rights holder.

Strikes me why people can't respect the wish of modding groups that have worked a gazillion hours for free to facilitate our hobby. We are really killing our own hobby.

I had no clue Brasil is so full of awesome tracks. Sure it's a big country but there are also other big ones with not even half the list from GSC.
And what I noticed in many of them, you need balls to go fast on them, like high speed turns (preferably downslope:) after straights etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back