1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSC Sync

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Paul Nadon, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Be careful with this if you have installed skins and such. It will screw up everything. I just learned the hard way. :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

If you replace original files - indeed. Otherwise it shouldnt affect it.
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

When i used the GSC Sync it pointed it to my documents, not my game folder that could of been fun, something to look out for when using it for the 1st time as a stand alone ..
  4. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Me too :mad::cry:

MENTAL NOTE :- manually update, do not use game sync ever again LOL if i want to keep all the custom paint schemes ;)
  5. Well I hope they do manual updates. Or is Reiza Studios planning on releasing all there updates thru GSC Sync from now on.
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

We will keep deploying both ways, but GSC Sync might see minor fixes quicker...

We´ll look into making the updated files selectable in a future version so you can choose what stays as is :)
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Would it be possible to have check boxes as to whats updated:
    update all system/ ai / track fixes etc and not check car texture sizes etc ??? :O_o: just thinking aloud :)
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Would you not need you sim to be fully updated if you was going online, as this might produce server mismatches.
    @Reiza Studios, will you be posting at RD when updates are available. :)
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  9. jimortality

Premium Member

Can we play online yet?
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

whilst i appreciate your enthusiasm to race online. this post is about GSC sync
    please try and post in the relevant threads. :)
    click me for info
  11. I just DL the Gsync from GSC2013 website. When I run it, it says it will take over 1 hour for sync - 6GB . Is this normal, am I doing something wrong. ?
  12. It is not finding your installed files so it thinks it has to replace all of them. Put the GSC Synch files INSIDE your GSC folder and run it and it will compare them properly and then only download the files that are different.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Thank you.! All set now.
  14. Every time I do a GSC Sync update after leaving the game, on track with any car. It wants to update my RealFeelPlugin.ini :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PieterN

Premium Member

Same here.
  16. Had a look at the files before and after. Can't find what has been changed or if anything gets changed. @Reiza Studios do you have any idea on what the Sync is doing to are RealFeelPlugin.ini ??
  17. I deleted my saved controller set ups and deleted my profile. Started from scratch again. And the Sync has stopped updating my RealFeelPlugin.ini. Have no idea what was going on??
  18. Angus94

Methanol Inhaler Premium Member

i think STEAM has mixed my game up, when i run it there is text in the top left corner of the page frame that says Game Stock Car v1.70, yet on the main menu page the logo in the top right corner says Game STOCK CAR Extreme.
  19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  20. Falk Massmann

Falk Massmann
    Premium Member

Usually GSync works flawlessly on my PC. But I only Sync a clean install with a couple of mods installed mainly for testing purposes. If I want to move on I´ll copy the clean install folder and add all necessary files manually for one specific mod in most cases. For me that´s the least fiddle/buggy free way to keep things up to date. Once I copy a clean install version and add some files I never sync again for this special version. Only the clean install folder get´s synced.

No steam licence yet ;)