1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GSC multiplayer stopped working

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Sk3ptik0n, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Since I first installed GSC the day it came out I have been able to join online servers without any issues. I was able to login into every free server as well as a couple of private one where I was given the password.

Since last week, every time I try to login into a server, either a free one or the RD or R2P servers, the screen loads but then it stops and never progresses after the yellow progress bar completes. Eventually, I have to stop the GSC service and restart. I ahve now tried more than half of the free servers and the RS one every day and things have not changed.

I looked and it doesn't seem as if reiza has released an update yet. Did I miss it?

What could be causing this? The only things I have done since installing the game has been to install the 2 tracks Reiza released (they work fine).

Is everyone else able to login fine? Should I try a different profile?

Any suggestions?

PS: I would hate to install again, especially since I deleted the original installer)

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Please make sure FP1 is enabled in single player mode.

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I feel really stupid, but what is FP1?
    I know that given how long I have been doing this and the fact I am a software developer I should just go "Of course, why didn't I think of it?" but I am racking my brain and I cannot figure out what it is.
    Forza Poop 1? Funny Prank 1? Foolish Pringles 1?

I also searched for the "fp" string in the .ini and my .plr file, as well as a few other places and I went through the entire interface, especially single player.

I am really sorry but I can't find anything that says FP1. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along before I have to disturb you again.

But thanks for the game. It's a blast.

4. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

First practice session.

Go to single race and mark it (green square when marked). On the right, there are three black square. Mark the first one.

5. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Now I get it. Thanks. I'll try it later and report.