Stock Car Extreme bug report thread (READ THE OPENING POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
OK let´s try this again - PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.27 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to our GUIDES . If you need further assistance use the v1.27 release thread .

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

And to add to the above report, i have actually worked out that the game is treating qualifying sessions as another 'race'. The qualy positions are being treated as race 1 and the actual race being treated as race 2 of a 2 race weekend.

And to add to the above report, i have actually worked out that the game is treating qualifying sessions as another 'race'. The qualy positions are being treated as race 1 and the actual race being treated as race 2 of a 2 race weekend.

ah I see how it works then. As a workaround I tried setting qual sessions to 0, but it still does qualifying even if it is set to 0. I guess there is still a point to championships by taking qualification as very important, but doesn't feel great to weight it equally with the race. I really hope Reiza addresses this big problem soon.

Would appreciate a comment from Reiza regarding broken Championship points. thanks

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Any
Applicable Settings: Any
Report: Im having this strange problem, the loading screen and the loading red bar just dont show during the loading time.. the image stays in the menu and jumps right to garage menu in the end. how do i fix this?

Hello.

I noticed two small skin errors in the Formula V12 section. In the team "Bower Motorsport", the car number 11 (Billy Parks) bears the number 11 on the front and the number 12 on the rear wing.

In the team "Grove Motorsport", the 2 cars (Darren Phill and David Collins) have the same number 5.

It is not very important but I note it anyway.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello.

I noticed two small skin errors in the Formula V12 section. In the team "Bower Motorsport", the car number 11 (Billy Parks) bears the number 11 on the front and the number 12 on the rear wing.

In the team "Grove Motorsport", the 2 cars (Darren Phill and David Collins) have the same number 5.

It is not very important but I note it anyway.

Thank you.

The engine is not located in the centre of the car. It's located ahead of you. And talking of engine sound, the exhaust tips will balance it somewhat, and they both exit equally under both doors.

Even so, this kind of 3d audio position never works properly in games as you notice the difference too much since the source of the audio is directly in your ear [wearing headphones]

Yes, yes, and mid-engined cars have engines underneath, and not on the side - but they are still further from one ear than from another. Unless we're talking about McLaren F1 with the centered seat. That is what this feature tries to simulate.

Even so, this kind of 3d audio position never works properly in games
But it's still better to have the sound slightly on the side of the engine than equally in both ears. Tone down a little. It's NOT a bug. It was a common thing in rFactor since always. Maybe it's not perfect or as you would like to hear it, but it's the way it is.

I've already experienced that engine-on-the-side sounds in tons of rFactor mods, while you just noticed that feature. But what do I know, right?

Thanks for the dislike rating :whistling:

Last edited:
The sound source is enough ahead of you [stock car is front engined] for the positional audio to be as near as makes no difference 12o'clock.

It is a bug of sorts it never used to happen a few version ago and with headphones [as the majority use these days] it gives an artificial representation of a real world audio positioning. It is an issue and its not just me that has a problem with it.

I don't really understand why you're defending it [as if it was your suggestion to implement in the first place] just because an average rfactor mod had more engine sound in one ear than the other doesn't mean it's how it should be.

For the record I've had rfactor pretty much since it came out and over the years I've probably driven 90% of all mods and cars and on no other game either [aside from kart games] did I have audio in one ear compared to the other.

It's like adding camera shake or such, your eyes adjust to that automatically just like your ears adjust to real world positional audio and you'll barely notice the sound is every so slightly louder in one ear than the other because the sound source is enough of a distance away from your ears so having it in the game is pointless.

I

Track & Layout Used: Guapore
Car Used: Stock Car V8 - 2014
Applicable Settings: 33 AI Cars, Normal Tire & Time Scale
Report: Ran a 10 lap race at Guapore using the Stock Car V8 2014 cars & all the AI pitted between lap 7 & 8 ruining the race.

Seems in the Superkarts with update 1.33 I'm only seeing out of my main central monitor (eyefinity x3 setup).
The 2 outside monitors arent showing anything.
Switched to the V8's and all 3 are working as usual.

T-cam view misses some kart parts :)
grab_000y0qph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%