1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GSC.exe

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Nuno Pinheiro, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Nuno Pinheiro

Nuno Pinheiro
    Premium Member

funny story.... so i decided to do a couple of laps with the formula classic, started up the GSC.exe and got a message saying that i dont have enough administrator rights... then the GSC.exe was gone from my desktop and folder... so yeah what now :confused:

2. It sounds like an Antivirus program has moved it into quarantine. Have you got an AV running?

3. Nuno Pinheiro

Nuno Pinheiro
    Premium Member

yes i do Keith, Avast... but why now? I installed the game a few days ago and never had probs :cry:

EDIT: holy crap you are right, i just took it out of quarantine, thx for the heads up ;)

4. I'm not sure why. It seems to happen to quite a few people that way. Hopefully there's some way you can tell your AV to ignore the GSC folder in future so it doesn't happen again. But also you can inform Avast that it is reporting a false positive on the GSC file, and they should then remove the problem in their next update :)

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Has there been a recent update to Avast that might be causing fresh trouble? The latest definitions already had GSC.exe whitelisted.

If anyone else has experienced trouble please let me know.

6. Nuno Pinheiro

Nuno Pinheiro
    Premium Member

Well i did report it, so i hope they do something about it and get this problem out of the way. I always keep my AV up to date, so i really don't know what could of gone wrong... if Avast keeps on messing up, i will unistall it and use something else

7. Hi. I have the legal GSC 2012 and I downoladed the Formula Classic DLC. After copying the folders I do not have the Claasic there to choose. What can be the problem?

8. Its on the F.Reiza tab, them inside, you pick the F.Reiza or the F.Classic.

9. I'll try. Thank you.