GSC-E > STEAM! "Coming up, in a not so distant future..."

"Coming up, in a not so distant future..."

20gcokg.jpg

Why the excitement? What is the benefit for the end consumer? I don't like games where i can only play it through an internet connection. I only ever play offline, why should i have to have an internet connection to play a game i own offline?!

The benefit for us - people who already own the game - is indeed slight. It's mostly auto-patching through Steam. As other people have said, Steam does have an offline mode that currently works well.

The benefit for future consumers is a bit larger - they will be able to buy the game through Steam, which is easier than buying directly from Reiza, and they can usually choose their own currency in Steam, with more payment options.

But we're excited because this is potentially huge for Reiza - they'll be able to show their product to a much, much, much larger audience which hopefully will generate much more money for them. That's why we're excited - because most people here like Reiza as a company and want to see them grow.

edit: I believe you won't be *forced* to use Steam either, by the way. If you already own the game through Reiza, you can happily ignore this if you want.

Just to give some further preliminary info on the subject - we plan to make migration optional. If you have GSC and want to move to Steam, you will be able to at no extra cost. If you do not want to move to Steam, you can stay where you are. We plan to continue deploying new builds via GSC Sync (though full installers are not likely to be updated from v1.21). Steam and non-Steam versions should remain compatible.

For Formula Truck it will be trickier, the DRM is badly outdated and unlike GSC it does not have a Sync tool. It´s all still subject to evaluation but it´s most likely new FTruck builds will be exlusively through Steam from now on.

I'd love to keep buying your stuff directly from the Reiza site but integrate it into Steam, this is possible if i understood that right.
We plan to continue deploying new builds via GSC Sync (though full installers are not likely to be updated from v1.21).
This is the best part of the message, hope i'm not reading too much into this but ladies & gentlemen, after next update it's not over yet :):thumbsup::thumbsup:.
Not like we still deserve more for those few bucks but shhhhhhhhh!

I think this is great news! ( Reiza / Steam ! ). I used to game a lot back in the day....about 10yrs ago. And only this past 1.5yrs have I gotten back into it slightly. I am a Steam member and I love it. Makes it really easy for me to have a place automatically update and so forth. Gives me heads up on new releases without having to cruise the web.

Consider me in support 100%.

With studios closing left, right and center any decision that makes Reiza more profitable gets my vote. I just hope when they start charging what they deserve for their games (ie £29.99 plus) the sim community don't give them a hard time.

I've put a silly amount of time into GSCE 2013 and only paid £23 for it.

I love the fact that they set the price low to keep it sensible for their home market, but don't whack up the price to rip off the evil Westerners (though they probably should!).

Bought a copy of Formula Truck as a ThankYou for the Marcas release (I LOVE Touring Cars).
Though that's a bargain too, should have bought it ages ago, it's a total blast!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing