1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GSC and control settings not 'sticking'

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by wdreamsmaycome, Oct 1, 2014.

1. I have recently reinstalled GSC after not playing for a while and I am having a lot of trouble getting the settings I make in the controls screen to 'stick'. I can change things like ffb type, degrees of the wheel or assignments of the controls, save them (whether a new name or same name) and it seems 50% of the time if I quit and re-enter I have the same controls as before I made any changes, argh!

I see the new .ini get created with the profile name I choose (I installed in C:\games so it's not a program files permission thing) but for some reason sometimes the file gets created but when I get in game I have the 'old' controls, if I 'load' the profile I saved before things were in fact saved, but somehow sometimes when loading they aren't there anymore automatically.

Any ideas about what could be going wrong? Currently it *seems* that if I save to a new profile, exit, restart, load the new profile, exit again, restart, it most of the time 'sticks' but it is quite annoying to have to do this all the time I want to reassign something.

2. argh, just realized there is a thread discussing this, mods please delete, I will reply there