GSC 2013 Sparse Grid AA / fps drops / Solution

Hello!

I´m always looking for the best image quality possible, so i usually force 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA through Nvidia Inspector. But in GSC2013 this kills my fps even on my GTX780 @ 1150Mhz! (CPU is an I7 860 @ 4.0Ghz.) I found out this only appears when the Dust on Road is visible... Normaly i get 60+ fps with this setting and in Game settings maxed out. But as soon as Dust gets into play the fps drops to the 20´s.

When i disable the Special effects setting everything is smooth and my frames at 60+ !
Sadly not only the pulled up dust from the road is missing then, all the other smoke effects are also missing! (tires,grass,gravel etc.)

What i now have done, in the track folder there is a .tdf file in which you can disable the pulled up Dust.
You just have to delete the config-line of the dust.

Now i have beautiful SGSSAA and all the other smoke effects without frame drops!
Now for me, this game is perfect!

Hope this helps somebody who has had the same problem.

Greetings,
Kurdes

PS: @Reiza Studios: Perhaps include a ingame-setting for the dust, seperate from the SpecialFX setting? Thanks anyway for this great game! ;-)

Sorry for the delay, here is the line to delete:

Reaction=dust Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=2500 TopSpeed=250 Scale=(3.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(5.0,3.0,2.0) RampSpeed=30.0

There are several dust-lines in the File for every surface material. (Road,Grass etc.)

i know this is an old thread but i have the same problem..and i know this game looks stunning with ss enabled. so would like to keep it!

Reaction=dust Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=2500 TopSpeed=250 Scale=(3.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(5.0,3.0,2.0) RampSpeed=30.0

Does Max=2500 mean resolution..

If so could we just lower this line.? maybe for all effects.

found this on an old isi thread.

// Max number of effects can now be specified as either an explicit number, or
// the token "NumWaypoints" which equals the number of waypoints on the particular
// track.
//

Anyone know what this means please?

Last edited:
okay looking into this dust setting in this file above. I cant change anything in this file otherwise the track wont load. But looking at the max setting, if this is indeed resolution/volume, then its set much higher than normal smoke hence why I think we get slowdowns only when the marble dust is kicked up.

alex could we edit this file somehow?
UPDATE
okay for some reason my file is not crashing gsc and working fine. However changing max=1000 hasn't helped fps. Its not changed anything.

UPDATE 2
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/poor-edges-quality.88560/page-8#post-1922198

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years