• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Group 5 vs GTO @ Zandvoort - Sunday 12Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 12-11-17
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,198
    Well, it was exhausting, it was probably terrible to watch given that I was all over the place all the time, but it was still a tremendous amount of fun. Sure, I would've probably done better if I'd gone with the Capri or hell, probably even the Fabcar (and that's something you don't get to say very often), and not using the H-shifter would probably also help, but my only goal tonight was to finish (and to not get frustrated and have fun), so it was a very successful race in my book :)

Thanks everyone for the race! :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to watch an awkward fool suffer for 40+ minutes with bad lines and constant oversteer, here's the VOD of my stream of Rally Zandvoort (still processing at the moment):

Yeah, it was worse this time since the cars were mixed up a lot more than in some previous multiclass events. And it's also confusing with Crew Chief ignoring the classes, so the game tells you one thing and CC another.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +202
    I had a really nice start and gained few positions. Had a great fight for position with @Daz85UK and @Jopamir. In one corner I missed my braking point, touched @Daz85UK and spun him out. I am sorry for that.
    In the middle of the race, tires were half used and I thought that other will probably pit, so I pitted. Well, I thought wrong and the gamble didn't pay off. I have ended last within the class :( and with 1L of fuel left.

Multiclass timing must be fixed in a way, that we see all other classes and it should be color coded for each class....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,401
    Okay, it's official.
    Gr. 5 cars are definitely out of my skill-level. :redface::D
    It was okay(-ish) in the beginning but around 25 minutes in my concentration started to lapse, and things just went from bad to worse.
    Didn't exactly help that I'd set 1st gear a little too short, so the slightest bit of overthrottling resulted in the rear kicking out.
    I do pity the poor sods who were trying to get past me, because half the time I didn't know where I would end up. :roflmao:
    But good lord, these cars are fun to drive.
    (In a sort of suicidal way....)

• Like Like x 7
  4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,198
    We did get two wide on a few occassions with @Patrick Fournier and it was scary as hell in the Corvettes :D You're struggling enough with one of them, but two side by side... :O_o::D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Daz85UK

Daz85UK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    No problem buddy, these things happen. Was definitely a good fight for position!
    If the race had gone on a little longer I definitely would of had to pit as my front left tyre was about to give up!
    Managed to get my first podium on RD (GTO class) which is a bonus!

Thanks for the Race guys

• Like Like x 3
  6. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +445
    Whenever i had a group 5 car behind, i got blue flags is that a known bug?

7. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +314
    Haha @BBKing212 ..I am glad you did pit or I would have been last in our class :D ..you had more pace than me that's for sure, I had nothing to gain by going into a defense mod, so moved out the way for you, but then see you go into the pits :p I knew then that I just had to maintain a decent pace ...In the last 2 laps I had two red tyres :confused: and you were catching me fast, another lap or two and you would have past me.

Blue flag from the start ..again and again ..so confusing. It sucks also not being able to see what is going on in the other class ...:thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +632
    yea, how about group 5 for one week and gto for another? :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,198
    [​IMG]

Here we see the Group 5 Corvette in its natural habitat. (Also featuring @Magnus Stjerneby in his natural habitat ;) )

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +479
    It looked so... effortless... so peaceful... yet I know it was not...

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +179
    So wanted to be a part of this one but my self imposed exclusion from all forms of Sim racing, still has a few days to go, can't believe I've managed nearly a fortnight without turning a wheel, mind you S3 pushing the update on a week, may well mean I go for a full 3 weeks of box sets & boredom, just to give the old (way older than that) shoulder a decent chance of a rest, Can't even watch any Sim racing as far too weak to not jump in, so have fun gents, another week without the slow moving obstacle that is moi, to navigate around.
    Do hope there are more G5 races scheduled for the very near future, although with the impending GT3 update, a few tracks to give some of these a run out would not disappoint.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,007
    I had a lot of fun but think G5 one week and GTO another. Was hard to know (as a novice R3E player) what was going on with the standings only showing cars in your class. A few occasions when Audi's came screaming up behind me and without crew chief I rely on the split gap to know how close someone actually is (are they about to overtake). With the GTO's not showing in the standings it was extra tricky.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Great race last night really enjoyed it,
    @Jopamir that was I real nice chasing you and catching you till I lost it.
    These are definitely handful for 40 minutes and after doing an 8 lap GT3 at the Nordeschefelle in the morning with Australian club I was wrecked after this one :)
    Would have to agree with everyone else that it was very confusing what was happening with GTO class, did they start behind the Gr5s?
    As always congrats to the podium and everyone who participated.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +479
    Yeah I think they did, why was that?

15. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Not a clue Patrick, but I had a bad start and I remember looking up at the position bar and thinking I'm last then 2 secs later seeing a couple of Audi's and Magnus behind me.
    @Magnus Stjerneby that was brilliant watching and racing with you, superb drift control:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  16. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,732
    It's a real shame that we don't have the option to enable/disable multiclass features as we want. This Gr5 vs GTO combo is a well established format in the club, and it'll be a shame to ditch it now because a new feature is causing so much confusion. :(

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Magnus Stjerneby

Magnus Stjerneby
    Simracing is Fun 4 Real Premium

Ratings:
    +434
    i made a mistake changing my gears before start and my first gear was way off and my start was painfully slow. I had fun race at the back anyway. And sorry for first lap breaking to late into a red corvette.

• Like Like x 2
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +632
    i believe it was me, had to pit (aka rage quit without quitting) after this- 9sec to last guy so it transformed into hotlapping :p, but maybe for the better, my setup+corvette was super painful :D So no worries. Gotta check out Martin's setup, it looked interesting.
    I had a hard time recovering from our crash, my wheel was spinning like crazy and in vr i couldnt rly see it, it was upside down :laugh: In game animation is confusing as well since its only 180°

19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,198
    @FeltHat Here's my setup if you want it, but mind you, I don't really know what I'm doing :) Also, it would probably be better with the 1st one click longer - I forgot to do that which meant I was just about running out of 1st gear on the short straight between T8 and T9, but shifting into 2nd was almost not worth it as well I think.

Attached Files:

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +632
    thanks a lot, i was gonna copy it from your video :D

• Beer Beer x 1