1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grip issue online

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Chris Cox, Mar 31, 2013.

1. When racing online it's like the truck is on ice,when I race offline with no aSsists like tc,ab,stability,the truck seems more stable as soon I race online the truck seems totally uncontrollable,any thought pls.
  2. what is your ping ?
  3. I think yesterday it was about 180
  4. that's quite a delay, normally you should be beneath 100. Have you checked your ports yet ?
  5. No what do I need to do?
  6. There was something on the GSC forums regarding internet options gotta check if I can dig through. they're pretty much identical.
  7. Thanks any help would be be grateful
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

ping can be dependent on a few things (your location/servers location and people your laying against , if its under 200 its raceable imho ... (try to always use a wired connection as this helps a little )

As for the online offline difference be aware that the server may be set up differently to how you have your game options set ; traction control/stability etc etc and these can make a difference as you mentioned
    ... also time of day /track temps ....

9. Thanks when I race offline I never use traction control or stability it must just be different track conditions when I'm online,thanks for the info.
  10. online we set the time of day, normally done by me for GSC and FTRUCK , the past few days i have set the time to 3:30 / 4pm , this may be why the grip level is low, when i would normally put the time's to 1pm-3pm.

that could also be the answer to lower grip? tbh ping in racing games is fine, anything under 250 is raceable, anything over then your oponnents will see you twitch and dissapear, our servers are located in europe, so depending on your connection type & location the ping will vary :)

Andi Goodwin thanks for the info also! :)
  11. Thanks to everyone for the feedback it's much appreciated.