1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GRID Review

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by RaceDepartment, Apr 21, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Is this written from a console users point of view? As Grid for the PC hasn't been online for long time. In fact CM never told anyone that the servers were being turned off. They only did tell the PC brigade after the fact.
    I agree it can be a laugh with the right people, but it's playability is limited after awhile. And for the PC you can set it up with collisions forward or turn them off all together. So those who think they are clever by driving in the wrong direction can't hit you.
    Also the PC game was hacked to bits and CM didn't do anything about it. But then CM are a bunch of money grabbing <insert expletive here>, so I personally will never buy anything from them again.
  3. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I am still not buying GRID 2. I fell for grid one and then realized it didn't like my separate G25 pedals. Since I wasn't about to rewire my rig every time I played GRID, I never turned more than a few laps in it. Those few laps were not so great as to justify the massive pain that it is to turn my rig back to a stock G25 setup.
  4. Is TOCA race driver 3 worth getting? I have always heard about it but never touched it.
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nah - I mean, I liked it on PS2 with a controller, but cannot imagine it being any good with a wheel.
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I'd then pick up Race Drive 2 Brandon. Still for me Codemasters best game to date.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Console game reviews are always written from a console gamers point of view, where as PC games are written from a PC gamers point of view. No point in ragging on a clearly arcade-oriented title because it doesn't have an ultra realistic handling model, if you catch my drift.
  8. I wasn't referring to how realistic or unrealistic it is, as it was fun for time. It's just the game could have been a lot better with a little more effort from CM (PC version), as with most of their games. But I suppose they are aiming at a market (consoles) that make them the most money. Which I have no problem with, it's just the way they treat the PC user's over the years. And if you have played their games only on a PC, then you would know what I mean.
    But you have cleared up for me about what the review was about. That the review was the console version of the game.
    So my bad...Oh one thing, can you still play the game online with a console?
  9. The 360 servers are alive and well, but not the PS3 servers. With the impending release of GRID 2, i wouldn't count on them being around much longer.
  10. Thank you Austin for clarifying :)