1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GRID Autsport Fanatec CSR Settings

Discussion in 'GRID Autosport' started by Rob, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Here is what I use and the cars feel great. The IndyCar comes close to F1 (although, then again, why should it) and the Touring ad Street cars stay planted, with a heavy feel to them, each Discipline having a different personality to its handling. Sometimes, even, I can note differences across Tiers and within each Discipline. for instance, the Cat B open wheel car is less temperamental than the IndyCar, as you would expect.

I will note that I use ABS on the open wheel cars. This is highly suggested unless you have a brake pedal that is progressive, which are usually top shelf. I simply have the Fanatec CSR (non-elite), so they, like most pedal sets, react like a controller would, in many respects. Normally I hate assists wit a passion, but then I realized this "cheat" does nothing more than simulate the areo braking that is 30-60% of an open wheel car's braking power when you let off the throttle. So, it is real. If it were not there, you would lock up every time, and that's what these cars do. The other classes seem manageable, but if you are able to tune the brake bias, it helps much.

On wheel:
    Sen: off (420 for ovals)
    FF: 70 (90 for ovals)
    Sho: 100
    Dri: off
    ABS: 60
    Lin: 000 (010 for ovals)
    dea: 000
    Spr: 3
    Dpr: 2

In Game Force Feedback:
    Environ: 100%
    Wheel resist: 100%
    Weight: 90%

In Game Advanced Wheel:
    Steering Deadz: 0
    Steering Sat: 100%
    Linearity: -1
    Brake Deadz: 20%
    Brake Sat: 100%
    Accellerat Dead: 5%
    Accelerat Sat: 100%

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thanx.....i'll give them a try at 11pm over here in the UK.....cant wait (",)
    i'll give you my feedback on your settings after a bit of testing. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert are you playing it on PC or Xbox ?
    it shouldn't make any difference, but i have the original Grid on both platforms and the PC version had a better feel to it, plus my settings were slightly different on both platforms.

oh yeah I've got mine ordered on Steam for PC ;)

4. Rob

Rob

I wish I was on PC, but I'm on xbox. Hell, I'd probably be playing Assetto or iRacing if I was on a PC. One day....

• Like Like x 1
  5. as i suspected, your settings were not very good on the PC version,almost impossible to turn the wheel at times, so i'll have a play around later today and see what i can come up with :)

oh and another important factor i guess is that I'm running Firmware 756 on the wheel

6. Rob

Rob

Good point. My firmware i 706.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok after quite a bit of testing and playing yesterday i came up with this setup.
    only tested on touring cars at the moment and feels a little floaty around the centre still, but it's work in progress :)

Grid Autosport PC
    Wheel Fanatec CSR (standard) Elite Pedals
    Firmware 756 Driver 177

on wheel settings

SEN 470 (Sen off just put wheel at 900 degrees rotation)
    FF 100
    SHK 80
    DRI 1
    ABS 100
    LIN 0
    DEA 0
    SPR off
    DPR off

In Game advanced wheel options

Steering Deadzone 0%
    Steering Saturation 100%
    Steering Linearity 0
    Throttle Deadzone 0%
    Throttle Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 0%
    Brake Saturation 100%
    Interior Steering Wheel on or off makes no difference, but i have mine on off for now

In Game Vibration Settings

Vibration Strength 100%
    Wheel Strength 60%
    Wheel Weight 0%

made a quick video on multiplayer up against people using pads last night, didn't do too bad :)

as i said it's work in progress,
    will more than likely try the open wheelers later today and just drop down the SEN to somewhere between 270 and 360, fingers crossed....lol

8. Thx Glen i will give it a try :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. let me know how you get on and anything you feel may improve it.....remember though this aint no Sim, purely arcade.

10. Ya i know its arcade. Thats why i want to play it beside the race sims ;)

Cant drive before monday but i will let you know how it feels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. anybody with a FANATEC Wheel and looking for a club to join, i've created a club, feel free to join it's called.

FANATEC WHEELS ;)

head on over to racenet.com and join up ;)

12. Rob

Rob

For us console users, this is a pretty good Simcade. The feel of the cars is much improved and it's closer to Race Pro than Shift2 or GRID2. And the added content and graphics (at least for us) make it, for me, the best multi-discipline game on the console. It could have been better in several areas though.

I'll test your settings on the console and see what happens.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

There is a Racedepertment club to join on Racenet if you so wish for RD members also :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Its also ok on PC way better than i thought it would be,
    switch on and race and have fun, its FFB is more than ok to race with..
    a very good Simcade game for me, is perfectly ok :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rob

Rob

I have also created a club for the people in the xbox league ("Race Departmnt X") or ("RDX").

16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Can you join more than on club, i dont want to step on your toes i can disband it if need be
    i dont know how were fixed for club events on the PC its more about fun
    maybe i can amend it to Racedepartment PC then guys will not get confused.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rob

Rob

Oh no problem at all. We can have as many as we want. In fact, i think we have to have more than one because of the different platforms. Not sure if you can be a member of more than one, but you can always compare to the global leader-boards. Mine was created just due to the xbox league. If we race with a certain livery we can challenge other clubs on xbox to races.

• Like Like x 1
  18. have requested to join, had to disband my one, so guessing only one club you can belong to at a time :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

nice to know thanks for the info Glen

• Like Like x 1
  20. can we go back to this thread being about Fanatec wheels too please ;) lol

• Agree Agree x 1