1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GRID Autosport: Tuner trailer unveiled

Discussion in 'GRID Autosport' started by Howard, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | Engineer at Manor Racing Premium Member

255220_2014-04-29_00009.jpg

With about two weeks until Autosport's release, Codemasters have released the latest trailer showcasing the Tuner class.

Tuner, as Codies calls it, appears to be a mixture of drifting and tuned street cars. The trailer shows exclusively drifting, however screenshots suggest that the discipline may also be used on circuits and streets for standard races.

Time Attack cars such as the muscle & super modified machines are meant to be raced against the clock and not against other drivers. They are "lighter, grippier versions of street cars, which are well balanced and around 500bhp."

Drift cars are all rear wheel drive, and feature increased steering lock and short gears. It'll be interesting to see how these handle on a wheel rather than with a gamepad, which is likely what they are designed to be controlled with.

The cars are split into multiple tiers, and then split again into classes.

Tier 1

Muscle
    Ford Mustang Boss 302
    Chevrolet Camaro SS
    Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

JDM
    Nissan 2003 (S15) Silvia Spec-R Aero
    Honda S2000
    Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD3S)

Classic Muscle Cup
    Dodge Charger R/T
    Plymouth AAR Cuda

Tier 2

Modified
    Ford Mustang Boss 302 Modified
    Chevrolet Camaro SS Modified
    Honda S2000 Modified

C2 Drift
    Nissan 2003 (S15) Silvia Drift Tuned
    Nissan 2004 (Z34) 350 Nismo Drift Tuned
    Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) Drift Tuned

Nissan Skyline Cup
    Nissan 2005 (R34) Nismo GT-R Z-Tune

Tier 3

Super Modified
    Mazda Panspeed RX-7 (FD3S)
    Honda 5zigen Civic

C1 Drift
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Team Orange
    Nissan 2011 (Z34) Chris Forsberg Racing 370Z
    Nissan 1993 (S13) Daijiro Yoshihara 240SX

NSX Cup
    Honda NSX R

2. I saw some gameplay videos and it looks like it's back to Grid's roots. Looking forward to this game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Amen to that. I've been preaching that all along...and I was burned bad by GRID2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never tried either of the earlier incarnations fo this game but am truly hoping thats this one is as good as it looks to be in the videos and information releases we have seen so far.

It's going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for it to arrive on my doorstep!!

5. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

I feel for you. It's going to be a long 5 days.