1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GRID 2: Release Dates Announced

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Tom, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Spent at least 2 hours today updating the GRID 2 forum, live following of developers' twitter and wrote a detailed article about this.. didn't it pass? :( Gutted..

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Right now I can't see drafts sent in by other people (still unsure why) so I just couldn't see it. :/

4. So once again it seems they are going to be milking people, I'm getting really P!ssed off at having to pay to acquire or upgrade cars, it's ok when you're using money "earned" in-game but not when you have to pay with real world money.

5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

This hasn't been suggested anywhere. It's not a DLC system and you don't have to pay for all 4 packs to unlock everything. Most likely all items will be unlockable in the base game as well. It's just that one of the four packs you choose grants you earlier access to the special items in that pack. Also, I'm almost certain that car upgrades will be bought using in-game money. I'll forward your questions to one of the devs.

6. OK well in that case I look forward to see the reply you get from the Devs.

7. Milk milk milk milk - don't tell me that Codies will give away for free something they can charge for...

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. He probably doesn't charge extra for all four wheels after he sells a car :p

10. Bram

Bram

I hope somebody will make a YouTube parody video once: The Life of a Simracer.

Just follow him/her around for 24 hours bitching and moaning in the supermarket about the pricing of products. Shouting "arcade" to everything he sees in the street and wearing a t-shirt with a print: I AM THE BEST!

Will go viral in no time. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Must be nice up there, with 4 times the average salary here, and same game prices.

12. Bram

Bram

Well maybe game prices yes. But the average daily life costs are a lot higher also (more than four times :)). Housing, fuel, food, taxes, (health) insurance etc.

I for one am one of the lucky people to live in a country with 52% (!!) income tax. Americans and Canadians will laugh hard about that :)

Still a good point you make as Steam will for sure allow different pricing for different regions?

13. Fuel and food prices actually seem pretty similar. Tax up to 40%, bills no clue.

Anyway, imagine paying 200€ for a game. That's about what it relatively is. Worth bitching about?

That's why practically all my games on Steam were bought during sales :D. Except TDU2, what a waste of a preorder.

14. That was not my intention with the comment.
    All i am saying is that charging 39.99 for a base product and additionally charging up to 50 Euro for content that we used to get in a full game before this DLC trend set in, is a bit .... milky milky ;)

And yes I actually share things for free as I contribute to open source development.
    But that is a bit off-topic.

That is not to say that I do not agree to pay for a game.
    I just don't like to pay through the nose.

• Like Like x 1
  15. don't give me ideas haha