1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GRID 2: New Trailer and First Impressions

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by RaceDepartment, Feb 14, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

Thanks to Leon Charmant for this guest article

2. looks like fun but the handling looks abit "different" to the first one, i hope it feels ok and not to shabby.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can only dream of a game that looks like this with nice racing tracks and urban courses but then with realistic physics, would be my kind of game.

Shame that they left out cockpitview but keep focusing on a nose-cam and swingman-cam for little children. I am all for choices, but then at least offer a proper choice in a racing game for people that need a bit more realism.

A1 Ring brings back great memories from the era of TOCA Race Driver 2 :)

4. Hate to say it but no cockpit cam equals no buy from me

5. I might have blinked and missed it but did he ever managed to overtake without ramming someone up the arse?

At one point He did spout the rammers favourite expression "I didn't know where I was in relation to some of the other cars" :rolleyes:

6. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Eyghon-RD: He went to play the game at Codemaster's studios. That means a totally different setup of what you'd be used to at home (e.g. wheel and pedals). I'd do exactly the same on my first couple of runs :)

7. Let's see...
    1-The game has "no" assists, but *adjusted* physics to make the cars easier to drive, so... assists always on.
    2-No cockpit view.
    3-Lens flare and bloom everywhere.
    4-This is subjective, but this whole thing smells like a Need for Speed game to me, and that's an awful smell.
    5-99,999999999% chance of no modding, this alone is the absolute deal breaker for me.

Score: -1/100000 See me after class, Codemasters.

8. I don't like game in which your lotus elise 111r is faster on straight than ferrari 458...
    and actually I don't like codmasters' games since cmr3...

9. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

"and actually I don’t like codmasters’ games since cmr3…"

+1

Which is a shame, as I had plenty of fun with Grid, Dirt 2 and 3...

10. I align myself to other comments...