1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from sunny Denmark

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lars Hansen, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Hey guys,

One middle-aged Dane checking in, to see how the 'pros' do it. :)
    Seriously though, I was (and still am) heavily into flight-sims while racing games were just that; games to give a quick adrenaline rush.
    So I'd play Race07 like I played NFS. Click off damage, and bang into everything and everyone in order to get to the top. (Admit it, we've all done it at some point. :p )

Then it struck me; flight-sims didn't start to get fun until I took them seriously and did things the right way.
    There's a huge learning curve, and I won't even attempt to calculate the number of hours I've spent poring over manuals, reading forums etc.
    But the day you get it right, and everything clicks into place. . . .Oh, so satisfying.
    So I figured, why not treat racing-sims the same way?
    Start reading, start learning and accept the fact that you won't be winning anything for a good long while. :D

The nice thing about already being into flight-sims is that the hardware is all there;
    Fairly decent PC with a triple-screen set-up, TrackIR, and I've added a G27 wheel to that.
    Now all I need are some skills. :whistling:

So while the object of joining is obviously to get some online racing going, that won't be for a while. I'm nowhere near ready for that quite yet.
    So for the time being, I hope there are people around willing to answer what will undoubtedly be a barrage of semi-intelligent questions.
    See you in the forums, and hopefully on the track at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Welcome to RD! You and I need to improve. Hit hard and learn your mistakes and you'll be fast in no time. :thumbsup: