1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Denmark

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DanTDBV, Jan 8, 2016.

1. I have been into simracing and simflying on and of, since Indycar Racing II. I have had most of my fun with Indycar Racing II, Nascar Racing, GPL, RBR and now AC.

Starting with a CH Flightstick Pro. Boy, what a change, when I got a CH Flightsim Yoke and CH Pedals. When Gameport support dissapered from pc's, my interest slowly faded. Its noo fon when yo cannt plogin dee Swingho wheello anomooore. ;-)

The G27 was coming out, as my interest was rekindling, and it looked to be just what I nedeed, so I got that. That was defenitly a great improvement over the CH Yoke and pedals. To make it better, I have reverse mounted the pedals and added a homebuilt handbrake. (Switch version)

I have been a volunter, at Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix since 2012. Already back then I thought, wouldn't it be great to drive this in a racing game.

At the time I knew about BTB and was considering doing it myself, but it stranded.

At some point in 2015, I decided, that now it was to be. I wanted to build the CHGP Bellahoej Park track. I was told that another, is building it. I am in contact with him and I hope, that I am alloved to join his effort.

I then decided that I would build, the CHGP Faelledparken track. I was in the beginning planning stages and got sidetracked.

I was invited to participate, in a race day, at Nisseringen close to Naestved in Denmark.

The first real racing I have ever done. I'm 43 now and I got my drivers licence, just before I turned 40.

I participated in 5 3 lap heats. 3 as driver, 2 as passenger. I am pretty proud, that my second heat ever as a driver, ended with a second place. Adding to the fun was, that the track was wet. Fortunatly no rain.

I had a great day there.

It is a little fun track, with multiple layout choises. It is part tarmac and part dirt. The dirt creates some lovely slippery mud, when wet.

I just knew that I had to build the track. When I discovered LIDAR/Point Cloud data showing the terrain differences, it became first priority.

If you wish to see racing on the track, do a search for nisseringen 2015 on youtube.
    55.222300, 11.897978 is the coordinates for the center of the car track.

I also have some ideers for fantasy tracks.

I have BTB, RTB, 3DSimED3, CloudCompare, Meshlab, Meshmixer and Blender.

I am in the proces of learning, how to do these things and finding the strengths and weaknesses of these programs, so I will be reading up on a lot of stuff here and elsewhere.

To build: Nisseringen and CHGP Faelledparken.

I hope to offer some great rides for others.
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi and welcome to RD. We hope you'll enjoy your time here. It certainly sounds as though you have an exciting project ahead of you and I'm sure the AC community will appreciate your efforts.
    There are race clubs for various games at RD you will find the Assetto Corsa one here.
    Will certainly check out Nisseringen track on youtube it sounds great and it looks as if you have a nice blend of both sim and real motorsport action.:)
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello matey and welcome to RaceDepartment :) !

Glad to have you onboard and I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Sounds like you've got some interesting plans in the pipeline regarding modding, really looking forward to seeing what you produce, as Kenny said above I'll be sure to check out YouTube and have a look at this circuit... love seeing new motorsport venues :D

RaceDepartment have a great vibrant community here and I'm sure you will be able to find some useful information and tips about track building here in the forums. Have a look around and get acquainted with what we have to offer here and of course give us staff a shout if you need any help :thumbsup:

Don't forget to have a think about becoming a premium member to gain access to some premium only forums and our growing club racing scene, its a very small amount of money and helps us to keep this site running for everyone to enjoy ;)

Once again welcome mate, and best of luck with your project :D