1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Greeeeeetings from Denmark

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ole Andreasen, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium Member

Hi RD, and thanks for having me.

I never really took to online driving, or online gaming for that matter. Did do a some races several years back, with an american league, which was fun... but I fell out of online racing again.

My kids (5 and 8) are so into online gaming (mostly Minecraft) and they watch a LOT of videos from Youtube from their favorite games...
    SO, their old daddy, (that would be me) started looking on youtube for racing videos, started to follow a few people, and found RaceDepartment - who offered both downloadable mods for my racing games/sims, and to my surprise - LIVE feeds of racing sessions. Man - I got hooked. It is all the suspense of real life racing, seen on TV.
    So, with all that, I thought that I wanted to support the site a little, thus I bought a premium membership - (deadcheap too)

I am 52, have FIVE children, but 3 are grown up, which leaves the second "batch"of children to torture me and their mother. We love if of course.

I am a "posessionist" (might have invented a new word there...) in terms of racing games. I think I have them all, save for iRacing (I tried that, but find it annoying that I have to pay, to even access my content there, plus it´s all online, so that´s not for me. I have waay too little time to tend all the racing games I own, but tey to divide my time on them here and there.

I see that I am now entitled to get a "personal trainer" for 90 minutes, to make me better at driving online. Tempting - very tempting, as I DO feel like getting into some racing with people instead of only AI drivers...

Anyway - sorry for the novel, and again, thanks for having me here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

Welcome Ole.
    Firstly thankyou for going Premium and supporting us. The premium academy is well worth the premium membership alone but if you are interested in racing with us please check out the games we race on HERE.

We do race here prety much every night so I'm sure you will find something to suit your schedule. All you need to do to join us on track is to find the event you want to race on and post a reply asking to join and we will do the rest. :)

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay at RD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi Ole and welcome to Race Department:)
    Hope you enjoy your time here and find plenty to interest you.
    As Quicksilver said we have plenty of racing here and the clubs are a great place for clean and fun.rracing with like minded members. Check upcoming events here.
    Once again welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I´ll get back to ya, about the 90 minutes of driving training. Just need to decide which sim I want to do it on - and a good time.

• Like Like x 1