1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Great Formula Truck 2013 Racing Moments

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Nox, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

So, yesterday I jumped into a Championship with Formula Trucks. Round 1 was at Taruma, and I just have to share how much fun I had. The game is so good, it's giving me more fun than I've had in lots of other games.

I qualified in 3rd having decided to run just a few laps and get on with the race. By the time the computer handed over control to me, I was in 4th, but quickly got up to 3rd within a corner. A frantic 1st lap, wheel to wheel with the others, three abreast at one point. On the 2nd lap and headed down to the hairpin, I was rammed from behind and I lost 1st place. In 4th, and 4 seconds behind the leader (and the guy who'd hit me).

A couple of laps later I'd caught him up, only for him to play the same trick again and hit my truck. This time he was 6 seconds ahead of me. Now it was personal.

Chased him down, lap after lap, bit by bit, until I got on the throttle too early coming out of the final corner. Had to do it all over again with just 5 minutes left of the race. I was sure I wasn't going to do it. But then, on the last lap, the penultimate corner I dived down the inside and swept through to take the lead. As I rounded the last corner and crossed the line, it felt fantastic.

This game makes every single corner a joy, literally. Every lap is great fun, very rewarding, and if it's this much fun against the AI, I imagine multi player is epic (now that I might just stand a chance of keeping up with some of you)!! In single player, I now have a rival for the season too.

Just wanted to share (my wife couldn't understand why I was so hyped up after the race!); would love to hear some of your great FTrucks moments too. See you on track!

FTruck 1.jpg
    Nudged off the racing line, dropping me to 4th... FTruck 2.jpg
    Great wheel to wheel racing FTruck 3.jpg
    The last lap and (very clean!) overtake for the win!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Well i have to admit not to really trying it offline, :redface:
    and when i test i usually do, only with me on track, I used to use the AI all the time but fell out the habbit, i might just try to do it again. ;)

3. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad Premium Member

I havnt got any memorable race moments yet as ive only really started playing and im still finding my way round the sim,i have had a couple of races against the al and it does make me smile, the trucks take some getting used to and the al can be quite aggressive so it makes for some good wheel to wheel and door banging racing,just need to get a load more practice and then im up for some club racing,certainly makes a change to the online racing i have been doing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Don't worry about getting loads more practice before joining club events. I'm not very good either, but it doesn't make it any less fun, and we need the numbers!

5. Never liked the Ai in any game since I began racing online in march 2003 with Live For Speed.
    But i must admit that the Ai in Formula Truck is not bad at all.
    Ok I only have aggression on 25% but thats good imo. I will try to raise it this week to see the difference....
    Sad that not many racing online in these great trucks :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I love how on FTrucks you have to work for every position; like the first few laps of your race you had to trade positions a few times with the #83 before you made it stick. Much more fun, and more rewarding.

Oh, and what a scary moment with that truck spinning out ahead of you on lap 1!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah it`s fun....
    You can have good clean fights with Ai, I hate hitting my competitors and the few times I did, was only small hits...but I would love to race online with MANY opponents ;-)
    Maybe tonight..I hope! :)