• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Great AMS feature for learning

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Douglas Aird, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    As a returning racer and being pretty slow (now and back in the day) I think the display of the live "delta" to your current best lap is fantastic. You can instantly see if a new line, breaking point, etc is gaining or losing you laptime. Great for speeding up the learning process.

Previous sims I have driven just give you sector time deltas which is limited information.

There's lots more I really love about AMS but this is one small thing that can help make big improvements.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    Where is that info, is there any set up?...thanks in advance

3. Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    I just have the DynaHud enabled and the delta is in the middle of the screen. Just a simple +/- counter that is red text if you are down on you best and green if you are up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +90
    Yes, I like that too....happy when I'm in the green. That was one feature I liked in iRacing, too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +82
    Has the issue of it disappearing been resolved?

6. Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    It disappears at the end of qualifying, possibly when the chequered flag comes out, which is a pain. Apart from that I have had no problems with it.

7. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Delta bars can be a mixed blessing. If I'm doing a time trial and I am up on my best lap I end up blowing it half the time by constantly checking the delta bar.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,309
    It is working offline but a pain online (when people are entering and leaving the server, all the others are loosing it. It gives problems in time trial too). Reiza organized some online tests a couple weeks ago; they have identify the problem, now they need to find a solution! It seems it is not easy, so we have to be patient I guess. But the fix seems on his way!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Misty McConachie

Misty McConachie

Ratings:
    +11
    So true, I turned it off the other day in iRacing and suddenly did my fastest time by a significant margin. It's a good learning tool though.

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,729
    The delta bar can be set on or off by sessions using the DynHud editor. I have no bar in Quali and have different maps sizes and other info avalable depending on session also.

The bar disappearing half way through a session isn't much fun, hope that gets fixed.