• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Gravel Dev Diary Release - Explaining the Off-Road Disciplines

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,929
    Gravel Dev Diary 1.jpg
    Milestone have surely been busy in recent weeks, this time showing off a new developer diary from the surprise announcement of 2017, the new arcade racing game - Gravel.

Based on a Baja style off road racing scene where the player can drive a number of iconic road and racing vehicles from throughout the decades, all in Unreal Engine 4 and across some vast and varied landscapes, Gravel is very much the Milestone answer to the popular SEGA Rally franchise of the 1990's, and a very distinct attempt at breaking into the arcade racing game marketplace.

If you missed it earlier, check out the first dev diary release HERE.
    Gravel will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC February 2018.

Gravel Dev Diary 4.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

High speed arcade off road racing your cup of tea? No worries, just head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum and get yourself in on the action today!

Like the look of Gravel? Are you tempted with the prospect of some nice licenses, UE4 graphics and large scale high speed off road racing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. lokid

lokid

Ratings:
    +5
    they'll abandon just like they do every other milestone game. Avoid at all must !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I thought this was the Spinal Tap of Racing games until you said they were serious. Love the human caricatures. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    i played all milestone moto games..:thumbsup:now waiting for this

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +120
    Great looking game, I love how off-road arcade racing games are making a comeback. That being said the Milestone label still makes me hesitant about being excited over this.

I know this is probably OT but did anyone hear about the new not-MotorStorm game by ex-Evo Studios devs?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +371
    Love the off road genre and I think we really need one. Good one preferably.
    Jumps are a tad over the top (and over the rainbow I would say) and omg... that blinding sun. :roflmao:
    I always love that, I remember loving the effect in GTR and DL some mod for it but this.... really Milestone guys, is it too late now to take it down, a notch ? :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  7. DriftMachine

DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +9
    I hope they allow support for multiple usb inputs. I have a TH8 shifter, joystick used for a hand brake, CSW V1.5, CSR Elite pedal base. That is 4 usb inputs. Only milestone games, and one other game do not support multiple usb inputs. Even simcade titles support my set up. So for the love of god please fix this one part in the game and I will be happy.

Looking at WRC 4 5 6, sab loab rally evo. Not sure all these are milestone's but these are the only games in my library that dont support multiple usb inputs.

8. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +97
    I might get this one... at 90% discount six months later the release when Milestone has just ditched it with no more patches and a plethora of bugs.