F1 2011 Gravel At Rivage??

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
iv seen some vids of f12011 where rivage still has gravel... anyone know if its been removed for the final build to reflect real life?

I'm hoping for gravel, its such a nice spot to wave as you drive by when you get the braking right and someone else doesn't.
This may be the only time gamers are wishing for an inncuracy in a track render.
Better book mark this thread

They didn't even bother to change the run-off on the outside exit of Les Combes to tarmac, which was changed in 2010, so I doubt they would've got around to changing the Rivage gravel traps unfortunately.

Not to mention the gravel still at Turn 6 at Canada. They made a whole cut scene focusing on this corner, with the Vettel/Button last lap incident, and didn't even notice that the run-off was wrong!

My thoughts exactly. Don't remember anyone complaining this much about old F1 games when they didn't have half the features that current ones do. Then again that's the problem when a game company tries to interact with the community...people expect everything which is why they'll always end up disappointed. Can definitly see why most companies don't bother :tongue:

Obviously everything's judged relatively. For example, they claimed last year they couldn't code AI qualifying times due to time acceleration, and yet games like Grand Prix 2, 3, 4 etc. did this over a decade ago.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%