PC2 Graphics Settings

This game is a resource hog. I can run F1 2017 happily at just under 60 fps. This game dips below 24 fps in some areas and becomes totally unplayable. There are other games like RaceRoom that are free to play that can easily maintain 60fps. What is the greatest factor(s) that limit or lower frame rate?

Whats your pc specs?
pc2 physics run at 600mhz which is much higher if not more than double than F1 2017 and Raceroom which is probably the greatest hog....graphically reflections and shadows are the usually culprits.
That being said there are currently a few graphical issues in pc2 that need to be addressed as well as some tracks need to be optimised better.

You need to tell us your graphics settings. Maybe a screenshot will be convenient, so you dont have to type all these things. Like "eyewants" wrote, shadows don't really need be at Ultra, but reflections are not extremelly heavy. But if you are trying to max everything out and you are using supersampling and full MSAA, dont expect good framerate. most people run Low to Medium supersampling and Low SMAA or high FXAA.

I really can't say how optimised the graphics engine is, but it seems to run great on most things with Medium to High settings. In my eyes that is a success, but it doesn't do AA well, jaggies and long distance simmering is a thing. In case you didn't know, the most high-end settings in AA are meant for screenshots only.

Do you somehow think people are going to quit PC2 and start playing Forza?

forza 7 don't need more players : 1 400 000 online !!
PC 2 : 2000 !

its about 0.1% :)
i 'm not worried about forza players :) but you can clearly see that PC 2 players are leaving the game :)

Forza horizon 4 at the end of the year will reduce more and more players from all other games, and forza 8 will finish the work :), Turn 10 is like windows, finally 99.99% players will play it ;)

Forza horizon 4 at the end of the year will reduce more and more players from all other games, and forza 8 will finish the work

Your trolling skills are top notch!
You've managed to get a thread locked in almost every sub form here in less than a few days....congrats!

Tho theres a major factor your not grasping with your forza spamming.

Forza is a fantastic racing game, funded by one of the biggest computer companies with a massive budget and manpower team compared to these smaller dev teams.

Lots of cars, flashy graphics, tuning options, modifications etc.
Myself and I am sure many here started in forza/gt or have dabbled in it at some point. My 7yr old son and I kick back and play it together on the xbox with controllers on the so called sim settings and its fun for a bit but gets old quickly for those insearch of more due to 2 aspects....

1. The tuning and car modifications are completely unrealistic.
2. The physics lol

There could easily be a 3rd reason......many probably got tired of listening too or having there raced ruined by a 5 yr old :)

Thats why the majority come to places like this and play/support smaller dev teams. They dont care about the flashy graphics, hundreds of cars, massive online population etc.
They want race simulation aspects and a semi realistic driving model, aswell as a more mature crowd.......something forza does not offer....one would think after the hundreds of millions of $$$$ made from this franchise over the yrs they would have been able to pick up a good physics developer by now but only T10 knows the answer of why this aspect of the game has not advanced much over the yrs.
My assumption.....flashy graphics over physics attracts the masses.

Instead of spamming every thread with forza nonsense why dont you hang out in the forza forms with the other 1 400 000 forza fans.....looks to be alot of exciting threads going on over there ;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/forza-motorsport-7.28/

FYI i am not sure where your getting your numbers from but from a quick google search it showed several interesting things...

1. Forza 7 had the worst launch week sales of any forza title to date with only 176 150

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270...-estimated-176000-units-first-week-at-retail/

2. You claimed forza 7 was the king of racing games...according to the the 2017 yearly sales roundup....forza 7 was #3 behind GT Sport and Need for speed

3. People on the forza forms dont even think the games sold a million copies yet?
Granted they can only find the stats for sales on hard copies.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm865491_Forza-Sales-Figures.aspx

4. Scrolling through the threads alot of people think the lack of salesaare do to the loot boxes, bugs and lack of quality controll of many of the cars.

Last edited:
Your trolling skills are top notch!
You've managed to get a thread locked in almost every sub form here in less than a few days....congrats!

Tho theres a major factor your not grasping with your forza spamming.

Forza is a fantastic racing game, funded by one of the biggest computer companies with a massive budget and manpower team compared to these smaller dev teams.

Lots of cars, flashy graphics, tuning options, modifications etc.
Myself and I am sure many here started in forza/gt or have dabbled in it at some point. My 7yr old son and I kick back and play it together on the xbox with controllers on the so called sim settings and its fun for a bit but gets old quickly for those insearch of more due to 2 aspects....

1. The tuning and car modifications are completely unrealistic.
2. The physics lol

There could easily be a 3rd reason......many probably got tired of listening too or having there raced ruined by a 5 yr old :)

Thats why the majority come to places like this and play/support smaller dev teams. They dont care about the flashy graphics, hundreds of cars, massive online population etc.
They want race simulation aspects and a semi realistic driving model, aswell as a more mature crowd.......something forza does not offer....one would think after the hundreds of millions of $$$$ made from this franchise over the yrs they would have been able to pick up a good physics developer by now but only T10 knows the answer of why this aspect of the game has not advanced much over the yrs.
My assumption.....flashy graphics over physics attracts the masses.

Instead of spamming every thread with forza nonsense why dont you hang out in the forza forms with the other 1 400 000 forza fans.....looks to be alot of exciting threads going on over there ;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/forza-motorsport-7.28/

FYI i am not sure where your getting your numbers from but from a quick google search it showed several interesting things...

1. Forza 7 had the worst launch week sales of any forza title to date with only 176 150

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270...-estimated-176000-units-first-week-at-retail/

2. You claimed forza 7 was the king of racing games...according to the the 2017 yearly sales roundup....forza 7 was #3 behind GT Sport and Need for speed

3. People on the forza forms dont even think the games sold a million copies yet?
Granted they can only find the stats for sales on hard copies.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm865491_Forza-Sales-Figures.aspx

4. Scrolling through the threads alot of people think the lack of salesaare do to the loot boxes, bugs and lack of quality controll of many of the cars.

all your speech doesn't change forza 7 is the leader and Project cars 2 the loser.

all your speech doesn't change forza 7 is the leader and Project cars 2 the loser.

Your trolling skills are unsurpassed young Padawan.
tWTOVry.jpg

in fact i have no reason to play this game.
I'm sure you're not alone in that, yet you seem to have reason to frequent this forum to proclaim how you feel that Forza is superior to other sims.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, however such behaviour could easily be considered to be trolling. Somehow I suspect you already know this though.

I'm sure you're not alone in that, yet you seem to have reason to frequent this forum to proclaim how you feel that Forza is superior to other sims.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, however such behaviour could easily be considered to be trolling. Somehow I suspect you already know this though.

i play dirt rally and dirt 4 for rally.
F1 2017 for F1.
Forza 7 for roads cars and more.
R3E for DTM.

but Project cars 2 has not the place in my library, i have better.
And if trolling is disliking PC 2, you know only 0.1% who play with PC2, so you have 99.99% who are trolls in the world :).
From my point of view it's the 0.1% who are trolls :)

F1 2017 for F1.
R3E for DTM.

And if trolling is disliking PC 2, you know only 0.1% who play with PC2, so you have 99.99% who are trolls in the world :)
Good for you, I also have other sims that I enjoy for different reasons, but I'm not sure what this has to do with my post you quoted?

Last edited:
F1 2017 for F1.
R3E for DTM.

And if trolling is disliking PC 2, you know only 0.1% who play with PC2, so you have 99.99% who are trolls in the world :).
From my point of view it's the 0.1% who are trolls :)

If PC2 has no place in your library why are posting this :poop:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back