Graphics problem with Nvidia GTX 460

I recently posted about rFactor lite but still have the same problem with the full version. I have decided to format the hard drive and then do a clean install. So that my drivers don't get messed up, would it be better to : -

Not Update XP after install and then install latest nvidia drivers or Update XP and then install latest nvidia drivers. I have an idea that it will be Not to Update XP and see how it goes. I feel sorry for all the others who are having terrible trouble as well as myself and it's about time that the games industry and the graphics card companies got together and sorted this out.

I found a Beta driver that nvidia never mentioned that fixed some things but it had no effect on mine. I have also contacted MSI about this but had nothing concrete yet. I hope their customer support is up to scratch as I don't want to have to buy another card and why should I !!!!!!:mad:

Steve

It's simply the card driver. There's heaps of posts around about this. nVidia aren't alone either. ATi users are having similar issues. To fix it you'll want a older driver version. If you look in C:/Nvidia you may see two files, DisplayDrivers & WinXP or one of either. I'm not sure with XP. Because I was using XP then updated to Win7 maybe why I have two files. Anyway, In that file you'll find all the previous driver versions you've had installed. They have a run exe in them. Use one to roll back your driver.

You can update XP. Thats no issue. Just make sure you have drivers from the supplier installed when done.

Try not to use the latest version of the driver. Mostly, on the internet sites of the producers of the cards, you can get a few version back as well. That should work.

If not, what kind of card do you have?

After a good few hours work getting rid of any scrap of nvidia drivers, I managed to get the original card drivers installed. This has helped 100%. I had 1 flicker event but then it has settled down. Couldn't get spectator cameras as all it did was spin around. So I re assigned all the keys and this is now working fine. It seems that everything has got muddled either after a windows update or a bad mod install. Thanks for all the help. I will probably do a complete format at some time and start from scratch so I can be completely sure.
:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back