Graphic settings for VR help

I'm using Oculus Rift CV1 and would so input on graphic setting help or perhaps you can post your settings here. My PC specs:

I7 6700K
1080 TI
32 GB DDR4

I play A.C , P.C2 , IRacing and RRE all in VR . These all look awesome in VR only RF2 is my issue . Thank you for any help.

What issues are you having?
I have a lesser spec system (3930K/980Ti) with CV1 and run the following:

Steam VR (NOT Beta) running SS 1.7 (no tick against Enable Advanced SS Filtering & no tick against Enable Always-on Reprojection)
Oculus Home Beta

In Settings:
HMD ONLY
AA=2
PP=Low

In-game:
Track Detail = Medium
Player Detail = Full
Opponent Detail = Medium
Texture Detail = Full
Effects=Medium
AF = x16
Shadow = OFF (this is currently a FPS killer. I'd say use Low on 1080Ti)
Shadow Filtering=OFF (might want to try other settings)
Rain=Low
Road Reflection= Low
Environmental Reflection=Off (probably can boost both reflections on 1080Ti but start low and see how you go)

I usually play with 20AI and may have ASW kicking in at intense times, such as race start, or incidents involving AI/myself. But generally on S397/ISI track that are well optimised, things run pretty smoothly in the dry. In the rain, it starts to suffer but that is the same for me with PC2 in VR, where I use no SS otherwise I drop to 45fps regardless.

In all honestly, rF2 VR does not have the same graphical ease as AC but with AC you do not have a dynamic track and weather/lighting, plus I find the AC tracks to be quite static/stale compared to what you see/experience in rF2.

You will find, depending on the # of AI you run things will improve/worsen as rF2 is very much CPU bound and if you were to monitor your hardware, you will see you GPU barely reaches maximum usage or even a constant high usage.

In the last roadmap we were assured of performance improvements coming to the game so for now I would lessen Shadows, reflections, & AI numbers and see how you go. I'd imagine on a 1080Ti you would be able to get SS=2.0/AA=2/PP=Low and run Shadows LOW/OFF & everything else Medium/High and maintain a steady 90fps 80% of the race with 20AI. If your CPU is really bottlenecking the GPU, you could OC it if it isn't so already (?).

in reply to Magus post ...i disable any threading in your bios settings this helps the single thread for your ffb and physics for rf2.....and in your jason user data/player/controller jason in ffb section set use thread to.. true.....it is false by default...good luck...ps i am on 7700k 0/c 4.7 and 1080t1

in reply to Magus post ...i disable any threading in your bios settings this helps the single thread for your ffb and physics for rf2.....and in your jason user data/player/controller jason in ffb section set use thread to.. true.....it is false by default...good luck...ps i am on 7700k 0/c 4.7 and 1080t1
Hey @bluey this post of yours interests me as i have same hardware .
What do you mean about disabling threading in bios ? Is this meaning going down to 4 cores no hyperthreading ?
Could you please post your ingame ,Launcher and Steam (especially Steam) settings including the Supersampling you use now S397 have given us the performance update ?
Thank You from a very keen rF2 VR player !

I have some problems, maybe someone can help. Not exactly "graphics", more ingame movement.
I am new to rFactor 2 (having had all other sims for a while) and i have a sickness-inducing "feature" i can't get rid off. When i brake, my head moves forward in the car and when i stamp on the throttle, my head moves backwards in the car. This leads to me feeling sick after 3 corners..i checked the settings, but found nothing. Does anyone know how i can disable that feature? Really wanna get started with rfactor..
Thanks in advance

Similar setup here with i7-7700K (5GHz) and 1080GTX. It's just poorly optimized at the moment. It has gotten a touch better, but leaves a lot to be desired. If you run at sundown or at night (don't even mention rain) during a race, it's going to really struggle to hold 90FPS.

Settings above were pretty good. I run low shadows and turn off environment reflection and no SS, but otherwise very similar.

I have some problems, maybe someone can help. Not exactly "graphics", more ingame movement.
I am new to rFactor 2 (having had all other sims for a while) and i have a sickness-inducing "feature" i can't get rid off. When i brake, my head moves forward in the car and when i stamp on the throttle, my head moves backwards in the car. This leads to me feeling sick after 3 corners..i checked the settings, but found nothing. Does anyone know how i can disable that feature? Really wanna get started with rfactor..
Thanks in advance
Set Head physics to 0 ——- in game control settings .
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....hread-settings-tips.55249/page-77#post-962036

Screenshot_20180928-120612-270x480.png
Thanks for the Infos mate..where do i find these control settings? I am not 100% sure what you mean..it's not in graphic settings, no?
Iirc it's in the "controls" page (away from pc , random picture from the internet) sorry for low quality

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%