1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB1 Grand Prix of China: 21:30BST; 16:30EDT; 4/17/16 - F1 2015 2015 (No Assts)

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rob, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

2016 F1 - The Series

Chinese Grand Prix

F1 2015 by Codemasters
    04/17/16
    4:30pm EDT U.S. or 9:30pm BST

This race is part of an ongoing series of races that will follow the 2016/7 season, with a summer break to run some 2014 races on the F1 2015 platform. Although these are "club" races so as to be informal and less stringent on attendance, Championships will be scored for the entire F1 2016 season, the 2014. Individual drivers only. Our aim is to re-live online the race we just watched, play the game in the most hardcore manner possible, and have fun. There will be bugs and glitches for sure, but things will get better with time hopefully.

Invite/Party Chat: 9:15pm-9:30pm BST / 4:15pm-4:30pm EDT U.S.

Start Time: 9:30p BST (or shortly thereafter)
    Host Name: OctoberDusk06
    Weather Setting: Actual Race (conditions that were present for the most laps of the actual race)
    Track Selection: Shanghai International Circuit
    Car Selection: 2015

Rules

Premium Members Only: No
    Participation: 15 min. Practice / Short Qualifying / 50% Race
    Car Assignment: First Come, First Served
    Car Performance: Equal

Assists

Rules and Flags: Realistic
    Car Damage: Realistic
    Traction Control: Off
    Brake Assist: Off
    Driving Line: Off
    ABS: Off
    Driver View: Any View

Signing Up To This Race
    Reply with the following details -- Name / Gamertag / Car Preference

Drivers:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Williams
    2. Craig Renard/RDD/Renard/Williams
    3. Eric Cline McNasty042/Ferrari

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Craig Renard

Craig Renard
    " That Driver Was Orchestrated "

Im up for this one guys.
    Craig Renard/RDD Renard/Williams

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Hmmmm lets stick with Ferrari. . Eric Cline McNasty0421

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Hopefully my car wont burst into flames.lol

5. Didn't realise this was a clash with Long Beach tonight.... that may be too hard to resist in afraid.

If I'm running I'll go with the McLaren as long as its equal cars lol.

I let Jalen know and he said he would pop along too.

6. Craig Renard

Craig Renard
    " That Driver Was Orchestrated "

Is that Indy car or the toyata race or have i got it twisted lol

7. Indycar.. round 3.

8. Rob

Rob

I'm recording, so I'll be up for this if anyone else is. Otherwise, I'll probably take on the A.I. and record it.

Long Beach is clashing, though. That's like Monaco to us here, and this year is the strongest driver lineup IndyCar has had since Mansell left. Hopefully, the Honda cars will be okay here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Long Beach is always one to watch, probably one of the races I would choose above almost any other.

10. I've always enjoyed China although haven't tried it in the 2015 game so it will be fun to re-learn it tonight. Setup will be a bit of guess work though. Wonder how tyres are here?

11. Rob

Rob

Not my full race, but most of it.

I was on target to finish mid pack or better, but as I went into the pits, I misjudged how long twitch would take to fire up! lol. :O_o: Got lollygagged by the A.I. driver until I got back into the second sector.

But the track was fun, as usual. Eric ended up winning, and even beat most of the A.I. :thumbsup:

Russia in two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

That was one ofthe more enjoyable runs ive had in this game ..craig was flying around here but slowly guessing everyone but me and rob were left.going with the predetermined pit stops prob not the best as I had a three stop.and primes were toast by the last fpur laps.saw ai play bumper cars with boothy taking him out.no worries kimi spun me too..hope to see all you at russia.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Was quite happy to grab the last of the top ten places on the grid with a 1:39 something. a couple of tenths shy of Eric in 8th in the sister McLaren. Got away ok and held my line towards turn 1 but then things bunched up a bit and I got hit from an AI trying to squeeze up the inside, nothing major from that but with Rosberg on my outside and a Lotus in front of me things were pretty tight and as I went around and tried to make my turn for the exit I was clattered by several AI losing me a bunch of places and then again going around turn 4 was collected by another and got dragged off track leaving me at the back [​IMG]. I think it's actually better starting off at the back and picking your way through the carnage ahead with these AI sometimes.

Settled down to my own race for the rest of the stint and made my way up to the top 5 as others had problems or pitted. I was never going to stick to the engineer strategy as three stops are not needed in any way shape or form here which is another of the downsides with 2015 in that the strategies always call for more stops than are needed. Went back out with fresh options on and started making my way back up the field and after passing the spun Williams of Mr Rennard off track at turn 4 I was happily in 4th as my final stop approached. I was planning to stop at the end of lap 17 but Eric was close behind and fighting off a bunch of AI during lap 16 so I decided to come in a lap early and release him knowing he still had another stop to make and looking forward to perhaps a bit of a tussle with him in the closing laps.

It wasn’t to be unfortunately. Another of my pet hates with the game bit me hard :rolleyes: The fixed strategy the game was giving me was O,O,O,P but I was dropping one of the options stints and going O,O,P so I had to use the tyre menu to change the tyres for my third stop. When I pitted my crew put on full wets instead of primes so I can only assume that in the rush of selecting the tyre I had inadvertently selected those… suffice to say coming out in bone dry conditions on full wets was not ideal with that long looping first turn and with no grip I ended up in the wall at the bottom of the hill with no wing. Crawling round to the pits with no wing and wet tyres was not an option so end of the race for me!! Very disappointing. Not sure where I would have ended up at the end of the race but think a top 5 was definitely on if I avoided mistakes.

I enjoy the challenge of this track.. a nice mixture of corners with some nice long straights to stretch your legs as well. I really love the middle sector here :inlove: which is handy as the AI are not so good there

Shame the numbers are not there still. I think looking at combining with those guys I mentioned is something we should think of as it would be great to see 8-10 on the grid. Don’t think I’ve raced with more than half a dozen so far.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Russia!! Shows you how much notice i've taken of the new calendar I didn't even realise Russia had been moved to this early!! A very different proposition ot China that's for sure

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rob

Rob

Russia is a giant parking lot. :cautious:

16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Did weather have anything to do with moving it foward? As I remember it was pretty late inseason.

17. Rob

Rob

I don't think so, since the last couple of races were okay. It's basically where the winter olympics were held in that coastal region with nice weather by the shore and snow a few miles away.