Grand Prix Cup-ISDC: Mclaren MP4-30

James Nance

I like Race cars?
The International Sim Drivers Club will be starting their Grand Prix Cup this January! The series will consist of 10 events over 12 weeks in the brand new McLaren MP4-30. This is designed to be a fun league for people that want to learn how to drive this car and learn what it's like to race against other talented competitors in one of the highest level race cars in the world.

Car: McLaren MP4-30
Track State: 60%, track will carry over
Practice: 7:30 PM Eastern
Qualifying: 8:40 PM (20 Minutes Group Qualifying)
Race: 9:00 PM
Weather: iRacing Default
Race Duration: 150 kilometers (appx. 45 minutes)
Setups: Fixed (set will be posted on the forums)
Resets: 0
Starts: Standing

Season One Schedule
1/04 Okayama (41 Laps)
1/11 Watkins Glen Boot (28 )
1/18 Laguna Seca (42)
2/01 Monza (26)
2/08 Spa-Francorchamps (22)
2/15 Canadian Tire MP (38 )
2/22 Nurburgring GP (33)
3/07 Brands Hatch (41)
3/14 Twin Ring Motegi (32)
3/21 Interlagos (35)

signup on the isdc.club forums and put in your registration and you will receive an invitation to join the league on iRacing. This is designed to be a fun series. All welcome, regardless of skill level.

International Sim Drivers Club (http://www.isdc.club/)

Thanks for sharing. Tried my hand at this car too - much fun but the setup sheets are a head buzzer - so good to see the fixed setups. ...unfortunately, too early PST for me to partake. Got to feed the family. Have fun and keep us posted on how it goes. Love the car. So fast my eyes bleed trying to keep up.

Thanks for sharing. Tried my hand at this car too - much fun but the setup sheets are a head buzzer - so good to see the fixed setups. ...unfortunately, too early PST for me to partake. Got to feed the family. Have fun and keep us posted on how it goes. Love the car. So fast my eyes bleed trying to keep up.
I should mention its fixed setup racing using the High down force set, so very easy to drive. Just show up and go, thats it. Like it says, its meant to be a "fun" league for various skill levels, to learn the car and get to race it with no pressure.

I should mention its fixed setup racing using the High down force set, so very easy to drive. Just show up and go, thats it. Like it says, its meant to be a "fun" league for various skill levels, to learn the car and get to race it with no pressure.
Ack! You just reminded me there are different baseline setups! Kept wondering what I'm doing wrong in the practice sessions being so far off the pace. Like I'm missing a DRS zone or something.

...back to the garage...

Uneventful race but fun of course. Definitely getting more and more into this car.

Anyway here are some shots from the race. Rocking the Force India Livery :thumbsup:
VE7_MWEu.jpg

Fvi_RSLS.jpg

Vnd8_Ep_A.jpg

CTr_A2k_U.jpg

b_ZMk_IK9.jpg

Very nice, indeed! I have renewed my membership, and will try this car!
Its the best open wheel car and Ive had some great racing with it. There are two little leagues I race in, in various times and days if your interested. There both fixed setup leagues, so just show up and drive and newcomers are welcome.

One is this one ISDC on Monday nights and the other is league of eternal F1 rookies on Tuesday afternoons. Each have there own race format and are simply fun leagues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back